Loading Content

haberd

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Thinking about getting a Nexus 10 but need to know how I can load content that was not purchased through Google Play- homemade videos, pictures, and the like. Would prefer not to connect to my PC (very long story for another day). Any ideas on how I can do this? I used a flashdrive with the full USB port on my last tablet (and the micro SD card slot) but obviously the Nexus 10 does not have these. Please advise. Thanks in advance!

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
even if there is a long story for not connecting to PC. its just connecting and copying to Nexus 10. simple as that. how complex that can become?

or use app called airdroid.

KJ

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Thinking about getting a Nexus 10 but need to know how I can load content that was not purchased through Google Play- homemade videos, pictures, and the like. Would prefer not to connect to my PC (very long story for another day). Any ideas on how I can do this? I used a flashdrive with the full USB port on my last tablet (and the micro SD card slot) but obviously the Nexus 10 does not have these. Please advise. Thanks in advance!

I use a Micro USB OTG to USB 2.0 Adapter to connect a flash drive. I have also connected a powered external hard drive to my Nexus 10 with the same adapter, but found I also needed a USB Y Cable to provide power to the USB port when the Nexus got below 90% battery power (a Nexus 10 dock would probably remove this need). I also bought a SanDisk SDDR-121-A11M MobileMate Micro Memory Card Reader so that I could use the SDCard I bought for my old Xoom (also used with the OTG cable). The OTG cable I use is the Motorola Camera Connection Kit for the Xoom, but I'm sure there are cheaper options out there.

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

You can do this wirelessly / no memory stick (presuming, of course, that your computer and tablet are on the same network)... there are several apps in the Play store.

example of WiFi File Explorer:
vo8UiMM0uTjqtme6dXE3lXjxoDWJVmGO2g58cc-G8ez3H10MqUTY9Qqx9YPk_oDBFg=w705

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699