Why can't I sync my gmail

twilite2000

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Nexus for a few months and I can't remember if my Gmail ever synced to my Nexus. I just noticed today I had this problem. I went to my account and I have it setup properly. One thing I found odd is I go to accounts and I still see sync is off. I've gone threw my settings and everything looks as it should. When I tap on my email another page opens. At the very top it says email/sync. Email is highlighted, sync is grayed out. Won't let me select sync. I want to mention that I've got 2 different email accounts that are not linked and neither will sync. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
First of all I'm currently in Airplane mode due to work requirements.

Please check Settings> about tablet. make sure you are running Android version 4.2.2 It would also be helpful to know if you are rooted or running anything "special"

OK when in settings> accounts>Google I see my 2 Gmail accounts listed. Below each is a last synched x/x/2013 x:xx am I see no option for synch on this screen.

Now if I go to Settings>accounts>Email I see my 3 Email addreses [not Gmail] Below each is a last synched x/x/2013 x:xx am .

is it your Gmail [Google] accounts or your Email accounts you are having trouble with?

twilite2000

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I've been away. I'm not rooted. Using JB 4.2.2. Both are Gmail accounts. One is connected to stock email the other is connected to Gmail app and both say sync is turn off even though when I go into both account settings it's says it's turn on. Neither give me the option to turn it on when I go into just settings. At the top is says email which is highlighted / sync which is grayed out and won't let me highlight. I'm stumped.