What are people's thoughts on the possibility of ASUS making the next Nexus 10?

Transtang z28

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I read the headline on the main site and i was thinking it could be a good thing since the Nexus 7 is so popular but then someone in the comments made a point about early production issues that the N7 had. I guess that would put it right there with the issues some of us had with our N10's, glass not in place, glue residue on the screen, etc. Just wondering what some of your opinions are, especially those that have an N7. Im wondering if it will be worth selling my N10 while i can still get good money for it or just be happy with it. I know we will have to wait and see what is real and what the specs turn out to be but with the great reviews ASUS received for that hardware im really curious.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm not Thrilled by it. I think that if Samsung made the next Nexus 10 there's an increased chance they would keep the form factor similar to what they did with the S3 & S4. this would mean more accessories for people with both versions of the Nexus 10. At this point I hope the rumor turns out to be False.

I also don't like the idea of a single manufacturer taking over the production Of all Nexus tablets. Competition breeds innovation and excellence.

Racso14

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I think it would be interesting to have them by the same manufacturer. When I got my n7 after having had the n10 for a few months, it was odd how different the hardware is. I knew some of the differences, but I was hoping the n7 would just be a mini n10. As for who makes it, I think if the same manufacturer made it then there would be more accessories since they could be used for multiple products.. The n10 has 1 official accessory, the cover, and the n7 has the dock? If Asus made both (or vise versa with Samsung), they could share pogo chargers, or maybe even a single charging dock that could fit both tablets.

As for issues, I think they would be solved a little faster. If the same problem was over multiple products, that is more incentive to fix.

frankly1100

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
It'd be interesting to see. I wonder if they'll base the design on any of their existing tablets, like the MeMo Pad Smart 10, which actually looks like a 10" MeMo Pad HD7/N7 or will it be a brand new design altogether. Though I was also hoping that Samsung would've made the next N10, they made the Windows 8 ATIV Tab 3 and it looks amazing. I think a N10 by Samsung in the style of the current Galaxy line would be my dream Nexus tab.

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Don't care. Both could use better quality control as could Google but they all might do well. Main concern is that they do do well; don't release a machine that has as many duds as the first one. The two I am in charge of have had few problems but I am following the discussions among those who get constant lockups and reboots. Returns of up to seven non-functional machines. It is good to luck out on a $400 dollar machine but buying another one would be foolish.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I think they should have stuck with Samsung. The build quality was through the roof when Samsung made the original N10, and they gave us a great value for the amount it cost. They most likely would have kept it similar in terms of build quality, since they do the same with their Galaxy devices which is a good thing.

Another reason for me to keep my original N10.

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Both could use better quality control as could Google but they all might do well. Main concern is that they do do well; don't release a machine that has as many duds as the first one. The two I am in charge of have had few problems but I am following the discussions among those who get constant lockups and reboots. Returns of up to seven non-functional machines. It is good to luck out on a $400 dollar machine but buying another one would be foolish.

Inconsistent quality, along with Google's lousy customer service -- based on my experience with the N4 -- have me leaning toward the iPad 5 to replace my iPad 1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa