Nothing But Problems Since the Lollipop Update

Bmilano3161

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Its been about two weeks since my device was upgraded and it has been a horrible experience. Here are just a few of the problems I'm having:

1. No sound. If I'm start it in Safe Mode I get sound, otherwise, the sound no longer in works.
2. Very slow
3. Pages freeze and lock. Websites simply stop working and I constantly have to close and reopen the browser.
4. Apps such as Flipboard, lock and the graphics just disappear in addition to the font changing to hieroglyphics
5. I need to hit the Start button a minimum of 5 times before the unit turns on

These are just the major problems I'm running into. These are others, but I want Google to solve these NOW before working on the others.

Anyone else have these problems?

If Google reads these posts, how about some answers?!

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Its been about two weeks since my device was upgraded and it has been a horrible experience. Here are just a few of the problems I'm having:

1. No sound. If I'm start it in Safe Mode I get sound, otherwise, the sound no longer in works.
2. Very slow
3. Pages freeze and lock. Websites simply stop working and I constantly have to close and reopen the browser.
4. Apps such as Flipboard, lock and the graphics just disappear in addition to the font changing to hieroglyphics
5. I need to hit the Start button a minimum of 5 times before the unit turns on

These are just the major problems I'm running into. These are others, but I want Google to solve these NOW before working on the others.

Anyone else have these problems?

If Google reads these posts, how about some answers?!

1. Option 1 - Wipe Cache Partition
2. Option 2 - (Nuclear) - Hard Reset back to Factory Fresh State and MANUALLY reinstall and resync everything.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-9578

Xingularity

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Since this was not a point update I nuked the tablet before doing the upgrade. It now runs better than when I bought it. I used to have random reboots and it would not turn back on. So gar those problems are gone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I just sent back my nexus 6 because of lollipop bugs, but in the N6 forums people seem to think it was all hardware related so who knows. All I can say is at first for the first few days everything worked fine but then started getting freezes browsing on chrome or strange noises the speakers would make popping sounds or hissing when someone tried to call me and the ringtone went off or in the call itself, sometimes phone would not even turn on would take like 5 presses on the power button and then it would wake up, animations started to get slow and felt like I had to reboot the phone to get things right again.. I mean you could say its hardware but why would it work for a few days and slowly start getting worse, I also did factory reset through system recovery removing cash and clean re install, like 3 times lol, not installing a lot of apps thinking maybe a conflict with another app just keeping it minimal, no luck. Had to send it back was just to many problems not to mention random freezing, anyhow best of luck to you I ended up getting an m8 instead ill wait and see how things turn out, I may get the n6 again some day as I did love that huge screen, I will miss is.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
The sound problem is a lollipop bug, never had it before, wiped out and sound problem still there.

Agreed. I have used my N10 for years, every day, and NEVER had a single sound problem until 5.0. Has happened only once so far, but that is a lot compared to years of zero. Also never had my tablet freeze/lockup before.... EVER, until 5.0, and that has happened once now too. Throw in a bit of lag, and twice having a strange wifi drop, and the white menus, lack of filtering contacts by group, irritating change to the battery usage percents, and that center-placed pull down, and I am generally quite unhappy with 5.0 right now.

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Man, maybe I got lucky, but my daughter is not complaining other than the screen cannot use the edges (small screen issue). If something was wrong, I would have heard it by now. Funny that the 10 got the update, neither of my Nexus 7's have seen it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19