Everyone take your Guns out , 8gb confirm with no LTE .

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
very bad for a high need phone. The storage is woefully inadequate.

Other than that, it was one model leaking a set of photos. The only other thing is that it is the only one to pass FCC certification so far, it doesnt mean there won't be others

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Looks like google is pushing cloud storage again. That was the speculation on why the nexus7 didn't have a sd slot.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
i know nothing obviously, and im not tryin to be argumentative, but if google wants to compete in the phone biz they need an LTE model on verizon in the states. there's too much at stake otherwise.

if they dont bring one to vzw, they might force my hand in dropping vzw for prepaid tmo or something, but i'm pretty fanatical. normal people are just going to get whatever moto-samsung-htc device is on sale at verizon instead.

etnpnys

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Ok really. It's a developmental early version of the phone that may make it to market. I'm hoping that LG just figured that concept versions of the phone don't need 32GB of internal storage and they still have time to fix that.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
8 gb barely holds the OS. When htc is now offering 64gb on the Onex+ it's mind boggling that the could even think this could work. The complaints about the 8gb nexus 7 should be enough for them to go with 16 and 32 at the least.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
One quick question? Why does Google never release any more nexus phones with CDMA/lte are they favoring att/T-Mobile or something.

Oh nvrmind answered my own question can't stick a sim in a CDMA phone. Doh

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
One quick question? Why does Google never release any more nexus phones with CDMA/lte are they favoring att/T-Mobile or something.

Oh nvrmind answered my own question can't stick a sim in a CDMA phone. Doh

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

A CDMA version was released for the Nexus S and the Galaxy Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

DJBigBenVA

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
And those worked out great. The VZW GNex took three months to update. It has Google Wallet blocked. And also none of the accessories came out for it.

Then Sprint's Gnex and NS4G took forever to update, and the S may not have JB to this day.

Like a friend of mine told me, "Your Verizon Galaxy Nexus may as well be the Droid Charge 2."

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
My predictions/speculation for the LG Nexus.

To start, there will be an 8 GB and 16 GB version available at launch starting in November with pentaband GSM radios (but no LTE). It will start at $399 for 8 GB and $450 for 16 GB on the Play Store unlocked.

US Carrier variants will be announced in the coming months which include LTE capability. One or two carriers will have exclusivity on a 32 GB version.

Three to six months after initial release, the 8 GB version will be phased out and will replaced with 16 GB. The high end will be replaced with 32 GB. Prices will remain the same.

Although I'm just pulling this out of my behind, I'm basing this on a couple of ideas and factors:

1) It would be an egregious error on Google's part to completely skip a LTE capable Nexus. If the goal now for the Nexus devices is to grow consumer mind-share, as evident in Nexus 7 TV commercials, LTE is a necessary feature as nearly every new flagship handset has it as a selling point. Consumers are expecting it in their devices now, especially now that the iPhone 5 has it.
2) I get a strong feeling that down the road the LG Nexus will include a 32 GB version but not at launch nor even on the Play Store. Given some strong rumors that the Nexus 7 will be slightly upgraded to 32 GB, signaling a potential phase out of 8 GB of storage. Carriers negotiation may call for higher storage in a LG nexus as part of exclusivity feature...much how like VZW GNex has 32 GB at launch.

Then again, I'll more than likely be completely wrong!

Last edited:

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
And those worked out great. The VZW GNex took three months to update. It has Google Wallet blocked. And also none of the accessories came out for it.

Then Sprint's Gnex and NS4G took forever to update, and the S may not have JB to this day.

Like a friend of mine told me, "Your Verizon Galaxy Nexus may as well be the Droid Charge 2."

I understand that CDMA / carrier branded Nexii are a different animal. I was just addressing Gollum's question about why does Google "never" release CDMA versions; they do.

I have a Sprint GNex, so I understand people's frunstration waiting for updates on a Nexus device, but as I pointed out in another forum, the only phones to get JellyBean before the CDMA Nexii were the GSM Nexii. It's may be frustrating, but IMO that's acceptable.

johnp888

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

I'm going to guess Verizon and Sprint wanted control of phones on their network. So their certification and vetting process takes time. Plus the nature of cdma and the fact that they don't want unregistered unlocked phones on the network out of the box (could be wrong though). Would be the same for tmobile and att too except the gsm Nexus's come unlocked straight from Google, so Google doesn't have to go through the carrier for updates. Sorry for being long winded :p

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to guess Verizon and Sprint wanted control of phones on their network. So their certification and vetting process takes time. Plus the nature of cdma and the fact that they don't want unregistered unlocked phones on the network out of the box (could be wrong though). Would be the same for tmobile and att too except the gsm Nexus's come unlocked straight from Google, so Google doesn't have to go through the carrier for updates. Sorry for being long winded :p

CDMA isn't an open standard. Therefore those carriers don't have to allow anything on their network if they don't want to. So yes, they do want and have total control.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Are you really comparing a locked down Verizon Gnex to an unlocked, open GSM Gnex? I'm sure none of the problems you listed would appear in an unlocked CDMA Nexus that isn't locked to a network.

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
My Verizon gnex does perfectly fine.......I have everything a gsm nexus has...plus blazing fast 4g and 32gb of storage. Sure I had to get some help from the community but there is the beauty of it.....because its a Nexus there are tons of people helping me out.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Speaking only for myself, 8gb is inadequate. 16 is enough, but I'd prefer 32. As for LTE, I'm on T-Mobile and its HSPA+ network is plenty fast for anything I would ever need to use a phone for, so it's irrelevant to me.