Will VZW get it? What do you think?

emoeskaite

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I pay $70 with Tmo for unlimited call, text and web, including 5GB of 4G data. It's called Monthly4G and doesn't require a contract. You won't get such deal from VZW.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Verizon is no more expensive for me than the T-Mobile/AT&T.

I know my plan is no longer available, but I pay $70/month for 450 minutes and unlimited data. 500 minutes + unlimited data on T-Mobile (with or without unlimited texting) is also $70/month. I use Google Voice for texting anyway, so that's not a benefit for me on T-Mobile.

But since Verizon won't allow me to keep my unlimited plan and get a subsidized phone any more, I'll compare it to T-Mobile's Value Plan, which costs $55 for 500 minutes and unlimited data. So, come August next year when my contract ends, I'll be paying Verizon $15 more for the same plan I could get on T-Mobile with the added coverage of Verizon and LTE.

If I got in on AT&T's unlimited data plan two years ago, I'd also be paying $70/month but I'd be throttled after 5GB.

Well I got Sprint $30 plan for 500 minutes and unlimited data with N&W at 7 and unl texting. I actually don't but you see how foolish it is to compare a plan that happens to be grandfathered in to what you can walk into a store and get now.

I think in comparison Verizon is not an overwhelmingly more expensive carrier, but it has the downfall of practically needing LTE and not being able to bring your own device. Since you have an old plan at a good price then its certainly worth keeping for as long as you want. Each carrier has certain tradeoffs from each other in terms of pricing, coverage, phone availability, etc.

I pay $70 with Tmo for unlimited call, text and web, including 5GB of 4G data. It's called Monthly4G and doesn't require a contract. You won't get such deal from VZW.

Verizon has prepaid for only $80 a month sir! Of coarse you only get 1 GB. :mad:

emoeskaite

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
My billing cycle ends in 10 days and I already used 4.8 GB out of 5 GB of my 4G data. I don't download any files but I watch lots of videos. 10 GB would work for me the best but 5GB is the lowest end.... This is why my choice was TMobile but I am aware of VZW's LTE network being superior to all other "4G" networks.... What I Iike about TMobile is price and flexibility with SIM cards... What I don't like is coverage and slower data...

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Verizon is no more expensive for me than the T-Mobile/AT&T.

I know my plan is no longer available, but I pay $70/month for 450 minutes and unlimited data. 500 minutes + unlimited data on T-Mobile (with or without unlimited texting) is also $70/month. I use Google Voice for texting anyway, so that's not a benefit for me on T-Mobile.

But since Verizon won't allow me to keep my unlimited plan and get a subsidized phone any more, I'll compare it to T-Mobile's Value Plan, which costs $55 for 500 minutes and unlimited data. So, come August next year when my contract ends, I'll be paying Verizon $15 more for the same plan I could get on T-Mobile with the added coverage of Verizon and LTE.

If I got in on AT&T's unlimited data plan two years ago, I'd also be paying $70/month but I'd be throttled after 5GB.

No Verizon is more expensive. Like I said 2 years ago, I was dying for an android phone and I went there to get a price on 2 Droid incredibles for me and my wife. Through lowes I could get 20% off monthly service and 20% off first line data where I wasn't even eligible for a discount with at&t. Getting exactly what I had from at&t l with no discount plus the additional smartphone data fees was still $20 more after the discount! There are just stupid things from Verizon that make the price higher for instance at&t insurance is $5 per line. Verizons "total equipment protection" was $10 per line. That's just one example but the point is I stuck with at&t because it was cheaper

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
VZW has provided me with the best coverage of all the carriers.

You get what you pay for IMO. VZW, is only a little more and provides me with great service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I got no problem with atts network other then when I venture into the country. Both at&t and Verizon are overpriced. And every time either company announces a pricing change its for the worse. Family share plans ftl. If I switched to at&ts shared plan I'd be paying $80 for an anemic 1gb of shared data while right now I'm paying $55 for a combined 5 gigs on 2 lines.

Unlimited needs to come back, Google pretty much is forcing cloud on us with the terrible storage options on nexus phones, and if I had unlimited data, I'd probably be fine with just grabbing an 8 gig nexus 4!

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
If BlackMannX is right, that would be amazing. He mentions having to pay full price for the phone, like the dev Razr and GSIII they offer. I would gladly pay full price for a Nexus on Verizon LTE that got it's updates straight from Google.

Until that becomes a reality, though, we just play the waiting game. I'm dying for something with better battery life than my GNex, but if a VZW Nexus 4 is coming in the next 2-3 months...I may wait before jumping to T-Mo.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I really wouldn't rule anything out. The whole thought about the nexus on the play store was frustration with Verizon, but there is nothing from Google to confirm that suspicion its just industry speculation. Sprint has had 2 nexus phones, equally slow on updates, so that ends that theory. Before the play store release, Gsm had to pay $700 to get an import with no warranty. God forbid they just sold it on the play store to give everyone a chance to own it.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
If BlackMannX is right, that would be amazing. He mentions having to pay full price for the phone, like the dev Razr and GSIII they offer. I would gladly pay full price for a Nexus on Verizon LTE that got it's updates straight from Google.

Until that becomes a reality, though, we just play the waiting game. I'm dying for something with better battery life than my GNex, but if a VZW Nexus 4 is coming in the next 2-3 months...I may wait before jumping to T-Mo.

I know he is a great source of all things android, but the second half of the ril is proprietary and I am not sure vzw would give that up so readily.

I am actually correcting myself mid thought. They have to have some mechanism in place because apple can push out updates quickly..... I wonder what changed? Did the googs grow a set and put their foot down a bit?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Guess this closes everyone's mouth about some silly Nexus 4 on Verizon. Thank God Google let Verizon know what they could do with it's overpriced and overrated bloated LTE network. At least people on Tmobile can enjoy this device specifically made for Tmobile. Verizon is useless the WORST CARRIER EVER :):):):)

Sent from my Galaxy S3 on Tmobile..

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
If any CDMA carrier gets the Nexus 4, it'd be Sprint. They allow Google Wallet and have a synchronization with Google Voice that other carriers don't have.

We have until May 2013 to see if Sprint gets the Nexus 4. However, it's HIGHLY unlikely that CDMA will see a Nexus again so we'll just have to see.

Sprint has built-in SIM cards for its LTE and it's possible that's the reason why the Sprint GNex isn't AOSP yet, a hardware problem. If this is true, then the Nexus 4 won't escape this problem if they haven't been able to fix it by now. This may keep the Nexus 4 from hitting Sprint.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If any CDMA carrier gets the Nexus 4, it'd be Sprint. They allow Google Wallet and have a synchronization with Google Voice that other carriers don't have.

We have until May 2013 to see if Sprint gets the Nexus 4. However, it's HIGHLY unlikely that CDMA will see a Nexus again so we'll just have to see.

Sprint has built-in SIM cards for its LTE and it's possible that's the reason why the Sprint GNex isn't AOSP yet, a hardware problem. If this is true, then the Nexus 4 won't escape this problem if they haven't been able to fix it by now. This may keep the Nexus 4 from hitting Sprint.

Does T-Mobile block Google Wallet?

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I wish Sprint well. Google will never forget Sprint they have a great working relationship. There has to be a device for Sprint in the waiting..

Sent from my Galaxy S3 on Tmobile..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall