Is it the phone or the VZW service?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

All in all I've been more or less happy with my ZFlip3 until recently. I knew some of what I was sacrificing when I switched to it letting go of my Note 10. However recently my Flip is getting worse.

Reception in my work bldg is awful. I at least used to be able to send a text without a problem when the voice service sucked. At home reception was always better (not great) but now that's going downhill.

Over the weekend Google Maps would not work. I entered my destination and it would just sit there. I actually had to switch over to Ford Sync to find where I needed to get to. i hate Ford Sync. I checked again just now, same thing can't get GMap to work.

I see others are having the same problem I am with the screen pulling away, I have a few places that have bubbled and lifted. I also was never happy with the screen itself because it holds onto fingerprints and smears, like it's greasy and I can not get it clean. Hate that.

Forgot to include that the screen goes black occasionally for unknown to me reason/s. I do not believe the phone is overheating either.

Other than the screen print/smearing issue, is it the hardware or the software with my issues? As much as I would love to get a new phone, that's not something I can financially do at this point. Can't even go back to my Note 10 because I traded it in to get the Flip3.

I'm thinking of going back to TMO (on VZW now) as well. It appears their coverage is now pretty phenomenal but the keyword here is "appears" I don't know whether to believe them or not.

Your feedback is more than welcome, thanks in advance.
Deb

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry that you're having so many connectivity issues. Have you contacted Verizon and asked if they are doing any service on their towers? Have you tried a new SIM? That's what I would try before anything else.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry that you're having so many connectivity issues. Have you contacted Verizon and asked if they are doing any service on their towers? Have you tried a new SIM? That's what I would try before anything else.

I was waiting to see what folks here had to say so I could cover all basis/suggestions before I call them, thank you!

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I've used the flip 3 on us mobile (Verizon service) and Verizon prepaid. Didn't have any problems. Yes Verizon in some areas is heavily prioritized. I don't get great reception where I am. Yet get terrific reception most everywhere else. So I don't think its the phone or samsung. I just think Verizon struggles more in placed it didn't prior. Maybe since CDMA is no longer the backbone of their service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali