Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Default Re: List of all 163 T-Mobile HSPA+ 42 markets

Lol I live in chicago abd im on vaca in san antonio now its still spots where my music streaming completly stops

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

My experience in Ann Arbor, MI has been T-Mobile is the fastest but with good coverage only within the city or in neighboring cities like Dexter and Chelsea. Only Edge speeds in between. ATT is slower and has the weakest building penetration (T-Mobile is better), and Sprint has decent speeds and has good building penetration, almost as good as Verizon. However Verizon 3G speeds here are terrible. Overall T-Mobile service is very good here, and that's only on 21; I haven't been able to test 42 yet.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Yes sir every tower in New York City hspa plus 42MPS network. Fantastic speeds.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 on Tmobile..

Quote Originally Posted by richardyarrell View Post
    Yes sir every tower in New York City hspa plus 42MPS network. Fantastic speeds.

You must work for that bootleg t mobile company lol.

Verizon> Sprint>att> metro POS>t mobile

That's why I'm paying my ETF to leave t mobile

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) available - the Galaxy S3!

ROM
    CM7

I know Tmobile acquired some spectrum from leap in the St. Louis area ( ). I wonder if St Louis is still a single 10 mhz channel or if this "swap" allows full hspa+42. Anyone know? I know that St. Louis isn't a hspa+42 area yet, just wondering if the capability is there?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by pcsperson View Post
    What are the current HSPA+ 42mbps phone out now? I want to try a speed test at a local store.
    Tmobile and AT&T stores out here use the store Wi-Fi so I can never do a speed test. Please post a screenshot when you can.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #57  

Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    You must work for that bootleg t mobile company lol.

Verizon> Sprint>att> metro POS>t mobile

That's why I'm paying my ETF to leave t mobile

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) available - the Galaxy S3!
    Take it somewhere else. This is not a thread for a carrier fanboy circlejerk. There's plenty of those, pick one.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    nickacs, mech1164 and qnet like this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  

Quote Originally Posted by richardyarrell View Post
    Don't front on that battery life on the Verizon Galaxy Nexus even on jellybean it's still poor in comparison to many other android devices on the market. As for the Razr minus all that crippling Verizon bloatware it would be a much nicer device. Verizon is dreadful at best.

The above goes for you as well. Have your carrier love fests somewhere else.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

Does anyone have experience with T-Mobile in the Dallas, TX area? Im with AT&T and wonder how coverage and data speeds compare. Specifically what HSPA+ speeds are between the two. Looking into getting a Nexus 4 and can live without LTE if HSPA+ speeds are decent.

ROM
    ACS ICS 2.3.3 4.0 theme

do mvnos get hspa+ 42 ?

ROM
    MeanROM ICS; may change

Quote Originally Posted by dwd3885 View Post
    disappointed! I could have sworn St. Louis was on the HSPA+ 42mbps list. I guess that makes me MUCH less likely to break my contract w/ AT&T. I know I could go Straight Talk, but it won't save me any money until October, when my contract runs out.. Thanks Jerry!
    I know, right? Yet they have nothing up to speed in Missouri and one city in Kansas. Kansas City, MO and St. Louis are stuck on their HSPA+ 21 network, and I'd definitely call those major metro areas.

However, much of my time now is spent in Waco, TX, which all the major carriers (and MetroPCS) love for some reason. I guess Baylor University being here makes a difference. If I weren't on contract with Sprint, I'd probably do what the AC writers suggest and test-drive the prepaid plans on T-Mobile and Straight Talk (AT&T). My guess is that AT&T has better coverage, but T-Mobile has better speeds, just like practically everywhere else.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tigeryee View Post
    do mvnos get hspa+ 42 ?
    Along these same lines, can anyone confirm whether prepaid plans (either through MVNO or T-Mobile Itself) will have the same hspa+ 42 coverage footprint as the equivalent postpaid option?

I've heard some say prepaid is the same, and others say you don't get full speed and even some say you don't get full access to all the T-Mobile towers (smaller coverage area).

Live and work in the Boston area as a contractor doing much of my work on commercial buildings. I have T-Mobile and currently using the SGS3, I get great coverage inside and out of all major buildings in and around the Boston area. Of course if you are stuck in the middle of a concrete block room in the middle of a building you won't get service just like my Verizon with LTE won't. It is all the same. I get faster speeds with my T-Mobile phone, getting around 23mb down and 5 up right now. They just recently bumped the speeds even faster. The battery just keeps going. Currently T-Mobile is installing the 1900 radio network on all their towers, another great reason to go T-Mobile. I have not used my Verizon phone in over 2 months, the only reason I keep my plan is because i have unlimited data and don't want to give it up. T-Mobile offers unlimited data, real unlimited data without throttling for only 30 bucks a month. How the heck can you beat that? Give them a try, nothing to gain but speed and money in your pocket.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by JobiWan144 View Post
    I know, right? Yet they have nothing up to speed in Missouri and one city in Kansas. Kansas City, MO and St. Louis are stuck on their HSPA+ 21 network, and I'd definitely call those major metro areas.

However, much of my time now is spent in Waco, TX, which all the major carriers (and MetroPCS) love for some reason. I guess Baylor University being here makes a difference. If I weren't on contract with Sprint, I'd probably do what the AC writers suggest and test-drive the prepaid plans on T-Mobile and Straight Talk (AT&T). My guess is that AT&T has better coverage, but T-Mobile has better speeds, just like practically everywhere else.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums
    I thought the aquasition of spectrum from Leap would allow St. Louis to become hspa +42. Do you or anyone know if St. Louis is still single 10 mhz channel?

Global Posts
    549 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

No...
    Lexington Ky
    Louisville Ky
    Nashville Tn
    Memphis Tn
    St Louis Mo
    Jonesboro Ar
    Little Rock Ar
    Bermingham Al
    enough.... I can go on and on and on... my point exactly. I live on the road. All the cities I just mentioned have LTE. T-Mobile is not for travelers.
    Current: Verizon Galaxy Nexus with CM10
    Past: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, HTC Incredible
    Blackberry Bold, Blackberry Tour, Blackberry Curve
    Samsung Delve (what a joke but started it all)
    and a bunch of dumb phones

ROM
    CM10 JellyBro | Franco M5

Quote Originally Posted by marcus.plans View Post
    This may be a stupid question, but is it JUST the cities or is it the area AROUND the cities? I live between Fremont and Oakland, then I work in Oakland, but I don't even get reception inside my office (imagine what it's like being on a dial up connection again and that's what it's like trying to use my phone at work, but worse).
    Sorry, not able to answer your question but I did want to ask you how you're liking TMobile. As a fellow Bay Area resident, I'm definitely curious to see what speeds you usually get for data and reception on your calls.

And just to confirm, you currently own the G2X which is capable of hspa+ 42?
    Last edited by Canuckfan; 11-11-2012 at 12:47 AM.

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    ROM
    touch wiz

No Philly? That's weak... -__- lol.

Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP (M5) Franco (M4)

Anaheim is not mentioned, but it's mentioned in the commercial where she is riding her motorcycle through America..

1008, 1009, Dallas, Denver, Anaheim.
    Android in training

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

No NJ?

Sent from my PG86100

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

For the folks talking about STL, are any of you on T-Mo now? Or ATT? I'm planning to buy the N4 and try out prepaid on both. I'm nervous though b/c I've heard horror stories about both networks. Wondering what the HSPA+ speeds are looking like on those two carriers.

ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto phenom View Post
    For the folks talking about STL, are any of you on T-Mo now? Or ATT? I'm planning to buy the N4 and try out prepaid on both. I'm nervous though b/c I've heard horror stories about both networks. Wondering what the HSPA+ speeds are looking like on those two carriers.
    I have heard people getting an average of 2-6 on Tmobile in St. Louis. I don't think that Tmobile has 20 mhz of spectrum available so I doubt if you will see hspa+42 speeds anytime in the near future.

Edit: It looks like in St. Louis Tmobile has 10 mhz in the C and D block. So I would think hspa+42 would be possible. They just acquired the C block from Leap mobile in April though I am not sure if they have any plans to run hspa+42.

Last edited by CBMC; 11-10-2012 at 10:38 PM.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #72  

It's very possible that T-Mobile just stopped announcing new HSPA+42 locations, but didn't stop rolling them out.
    As I mentioned, that's their list -- I am just the monkey who copied all the press releases into one big ugly forum post so we didn't have to dig for it.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    Thanked by 2:
    Sophos likes this.
    Android in training

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Now Idk if I should get a Nexus⁴...

Sent from my PG86100

ROM
    Semi Official JB for Toro

Well done! This is what I needed to know before I could rehab from the LTE crack. Google now has my attention.

Jerry,
    I believe that is an older list from June 2011. I remembered reviewing that when I was looking for another carrier months back. I am sure they have added more cities since.

Per another post in the same news forum on T-mobile . However they are not listed in the release.

I would guess that number is near 200 if not over by now since 2012 is almost over.
    Last edited by sURFNmADNESS; 11-11-2012 at 05:44 AM.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast