List of all 163 T-Mobile HSPA+ 42 markets

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Im in the San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont region and the best i can get is HSPA 10 and 12. Also tried the "phone" APN but couldnt get speedtest to run for some reason.

BuffOrange

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Pittsburgh but not Philly, seriously???

If so, that makes upgrading from the GN much less worth it despite the great pricing. But thanks for the info.

No Philly? That's weak... -__- lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I was surprised by that too. I'm too technically challenged to understand these #'s but for what anecdotal evidence is worth, coverage has been good to me in and around Philly in my week trial run (boss has also had it forever & never had problems) so I just pulled the plug on Verizon. As for something more scientific, Rootametrics ranks T-Mobile ahead of AT&T & Sprint in Philly.

You are one of the lucky ones because t mobile is a joke in Atlanta!

They say i should get great coverage here on the map, but I'm almost always having dropped calls, can't get a signal in buildings, distortion, and i really wish i didn't leave Sprint.

This hspa+ 42 never goes ANYWHERE NEAR 42mbps, most i get is 22 and that's in the middle of the night when no one else is in. 21mbps doesn't even go that high nor close to it.

I wish t mobile would stop lying about that

My wife has Verizon, she gets a slightly better signal than Sprint (which was excellent btw) and she is able to talk indoors! I can't with t mobile unless i use Wi-Fi calling. That's gay.

She gets a signal everywhere i go.

Verizon is definitely worth the extra 10 dollar a month

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) available - the galaxy S III!

Much like service varies on location, $ saved depends on your situation/plan. Perhaps the savings is that minimal if you're on a family plan & use a lot of minutes? For me & my limited calling, text-centric style, it's more like $40/month...with a plan better suited to me...and no 24month contract.

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
This is what I'm currently getting in Philly with T-Mobile. Tried multiple tests (also with tethering off) and its pretty much giving me the same results.

I haven't been able to find if Philly has HSPA+ as of now. Any word?

EDIT:
I read somewhere that if I'm getting HSPA+ the H will have a plus next to it?

Attachments

• 1372704580237.jpg
    1372704580237.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

sandeep_s

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I used to see only H when I used to get hspa+ (was getting 28+ Mbps download speed, so it was hspa+)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

reuthermonkey

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
This is what I'm currently getting in Philly with T-Mobile. Tried multiple tests (also with tethering off) and its pretty much giving me the same results.

I haven't been able to find if Philly has HSPA+ as of now. Any word?

EDIT:

Philly may have been one of the very first places in the nation to get HSPA+. It was T-Mobile's test market. You've got HSPA+.

And the way your phone reports things in the status bar is entirely up to whatever ROM you decided to install. It's not definitive. Period.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Philly may have been one of the very first places in the nation to get HSPA+. It was T-Mobile's test market. You've got HSPA+.

And the way your phone reports things in the status bar is entirely up to whatever ROM you decided to install. It's not definitive. Period.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Not running a ROM, but good to know.

kart180

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
My speedtest on my N4
in Orlando (HSDPA)
625750026.png

in Miami (HSDPA 3G)
491774038.png
I am on the Tmobile $50/month prepaid plan with 500mb data limit
After limit reached