Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ziptied
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Default Ordering from the US play store

Hey everyone,

Just sold my One S to fund my N4 when the time comes, reverted back to a Milestone till then

Anyway, I'm from the UK and on the 20th I'll be going to America for 2 weeks. So I was wondering if I would be able to order the N4 from the American play store instead of the UK one and get it shipped to where I am staying in Florida. This way it would work out a bit cheaper. I know I can get to the US store using a proxy but then I'm not sure if I'll be able to use my UK addressed credit card to buy from the US store.

Anybody have any experience with this kind of thing?

Thanks!

Default Re: Ordering from the US play store

i don't have any experience ordering from Google but every time i order something on line it asks for a billing address and a shipping address and they can be different so maybe it'll be like that.
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You'd have to have a US based credit card linked to a US address. Otherwise, no dice.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Oh really? Well that's no fun at all!

Thanks anyway
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack3d View Post

Thanks anyway
    Sucks, but it's how it is. I've got 4 people (friends of mine) in other countries than I am ordering for them, once they arrive at my house im shipping them out so they can bypass the long wait.
    andr0idralphie likes this.

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

i am wondering if they will start putting limits on how many you can order at once?
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by duke1231 View Post
    i am wondering if they will start putting limits on how many you can order at once?
    They haven't ever done it before, I doubt they'd start now.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Yea that does suck. I'm just remembering that there was a post on modaco a while back on how to get the amazon app store in the UK when it was only available in the US. Just looked it up and you needed a US registered card for that too but it talked about using a service like this: Shop the USA - Shop America - US Billing Address - Online USA Shopping - usunlocked.com

I might give that a go, although by the time I set all that up it might just make sense to get it in the UK.

There should be a loop, like i know this isn't a phone, but people in Aus get custom Nike's through other companies which place their order for them.

I am not sure if this works (as I haven't done it yet) but you could try purchasing enough Google Wallet Gift cards, load that money to your Google Wallet and then purchase the device with a US Address.

Just look here for more information, but again, I do not know if this works:
    Google Play gift cards and your Google Play balance - Google Play Help

EDIT: Nevermind that idea, these cards only seem to work with purchasing apps etc. but not hardware. Kinda ridiculous but oh well.

EDIT 2: Also be careful with these virtual credit cards, because according to Google they won't work.
    Purchase restrictions - Google Play Help

Guess we have to live with the fact that we continuously get ripped off in Europe.
    Last edited by Syrential; 11-10-2012 at 08:27 AM.
    Thanked by:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Well I did see a tweet from that usunblocked site that said you can order the nexus 4 through them, but I think I'll just order it from the UK and pay the bit extra. Gotta hope it's here before the 20th, otherwise I'm gonna be rocking the Motorola Milestone for like a month

ROM
    Stock / Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Ziptied View Post
    You'd have to have a US based credit card linked to a US address. Otherwise, no dice.
    what if you are buying it as a gift?

Isnt that the purpose of having a billing and shipping address?
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

My wife is buying me this phone with here credit card, of course everything will be in her name, I just hope they allow to send UPS 2 day shipping and I will be able to pick up at the UPS office and not her, so I would hope there is an area when ordering that will list who is receiving gift/phone

Quote Originally Posted by Ziptied View Post
    Yea this is the case. You may be able to buy a Visa gift card with cash and try to use that since those can be used almost everywhere
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

I wonder if I could use my PayPal account to buy phone, I have bill me later linked up to my PayPal and that would be good to boost my credit too, does anybody know if you can do this with PayPal?

It is a bummer, just found my answer and it is a sad no that is ok though, I will still help my wife get her mileage with her credit card

Hey everyone,

Just sold my One S to fund my N4 when the time comes, reverted back to a Milestone till then

Anyway, I'm from the UK and on the 20th I'll be going to America for 2 weeks. So I was wondering if I would be able to order the N4 from the American play store instead of the UK one and get it shipped to where I am staying in Florida. This way it would work out a bit cheaper. I know I can get to the US store using a proxy but then I'm not sure if I'll be able to use my UK addressed credit card to buy from the US store.

Anybody have any experience with this kind of thing?

Thanks!
    I work for a global concierge services company. If you already have a membership with one, you can have them buy it for you and deliver it to your doorstep. They do personal shopping for you too! Or you might have a mate that has a membership that gives him access to this service; you can ask him to help you put in the order

Thanks anyway
    When you get to the US, go get a visa gift card. Use that to make the purchase.