1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What size to reduce pictures to when uploading to N4?

I've got lots of pictures on my desktop I want to transfer to my N4. Most of them are around 4mb in size and I'm wondering the best way to reduce them and what size or resolution should I make them so they still look good on the phone, but don't take up unnecessary space?

When I sync pictures to my iPhone, iTunes automatically re-sizes the pictures for me, this is what I'm after with the N4.

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Default Re: What size to reduce pictures to when uploading to N4?

Quote Originally Posted by 320flyboy320 View Post
    I've got lots of pictures on my desktop I want to transfer to my N4. Most of them are around 4mb in size and I'm wondering the best way to reduce them and what size or resolution should I make them so they still look good on the phone, but don't take up unnecessary space?

When I sync pictures to my iPhone, iTunes automatically re-sizes the pictures for me, this is what I'm after with the N4.
    screen is 1280 x 768 but if you do to that then you won't be able to zoom in
    personally, I run all my photos through Faststome image resizer, keep them at 100% of their size, but it adds a little compression.
    Photos from my DSLR are around 10Mb and come out at 2Mb, from my 3D still camera they are around 3-4Mb and come out at 1.5Mb

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: What size to reduce pictures to when uploading to N4?

Quote Originally Posted by 320flyboy320 View Post

What Google wants you to do is upload them to Picasa. They'll automatically be resized to a size of your choosing, and available from any Android device attached to your account.

Choose something around the actual screen resolution if you just want a slideshow, or bigger if you think you might want to zoom in on them. For Windows, Irfan Viewer was my tool of choice - it has a great batch resize mode and allows you to write the resized images to a different filename or different directory.