Bugs, Kinks, Problems everything that needs to be worked out on Nexus 4 goes here......

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
So far this phone is what I have been looking for, but some early adopters are seeing problems that LG needs to sort out before delivering to Google to sale to us the consumer and I put this thread up in the hopes that if LG or Google employees who are paid to look into these problems will take notice, so if you see any problems from other sites or personally see yourself, other than what I have put here please also include them, thanks.

1. Yellow smears on LCD from glue.
2. Wifi signal is problematic.
3. Overheating on top of the phone and other areas of phone.
4. Picture quality...yes quality, sucks, many people see that edge detail is not crisp but in fact blurry and very noise ridden for pictures of the 8 megapixel.
5. People have mentioned some lag, could be due to the android 4.2 software throttle it down to dual cpu to keep from over heating, apparently not final software?

I am positive there is more problems, if you see them please post them, thanks.

I've had mine since Wed morning now so I think that is long enough to say that with the exception of the camera giving some semi poor results at times in low light I have none of the other "problems" you listed.

harrycarry250

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Im with rclifton here. I have no problems whatsoever with my device. Yes, that back gets hot but all phones do that and after all, this phone has a tremendously powerful CPU. The camera has yielded some wonderful pics but focusing is wonky sometimes.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok what's happening is there are some bad phones out there. It's bound and expected to happen. Now, if you got a good phone, praise God. This thread is for the ones that DID get a bad phone. You don't have to stick up for the good phones. Have sympathy for the ones that got a bad one. That will help those of us that didn't get one at all hopefully have some issues addressed before we get ours.

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
The only problem is number 9. Even then it isn't even a real problem. Also, the picture quality is pretty bad. That could be from me being spoiled by the evo lte camera though :p
The WiFi shows that its weaker but I get equal or better scores then on my evo so I don't think its a problem. I also hope my phone won't have that yellow screen problem. Might go easy on it the next few days...

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Good info, though many of those issues appear to not be widespread.

On another note, how many threads can possibly be created by those who do not even have the device yet?

AussieAndroid

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Regarding #9 Phone rattling, mine is due to the volume buttons being a loose fit. I dunno if I'd call it a manufacturing fault, or just how it was designed.

Annoying yes. Dealbreaking, no.

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Definitely not good, get on the phone with Google and get a new one sent out to you immediately , I hear they have plenty in stock for warranty purposes only so you may get one sent directly with no wait.

Not many phones will have problems but when they do they need to know for sure, also I heard a review about the rattling inside, the rattling noise was present in 5 out of 5 Nexus 4 units that they had, so that is looking like a big issue they have to work out too.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Judging by some comments, i get an impression that it's not allowed to reveal and discuss any problems with this device. Only the good stuff... Well mmmmkayy.... Fortunately there are other forums (like xda) to get more information and make my decision.

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Reporting something that has happened to me today, not sure if this is a one off or something other have/will experience.

While at work during the day i leave my phone plugged in to a usb socket on my laptop to ensure the charge is kept topped up.

Today at some point I looked down and saw that the screen was off and the notification LED was red. Pushed the power button to wake the screen - nothing, pushed for longer in case the phone had shut down (a friend has had some random reboots) - nothing.. Unplugged the phone, the red notification goes off and stays off when I plug the phone back in, but phone will not boot. The phone is perfectly cool and there is no smell of anything burnt out, so I leave it plugged in for a bit (5 mins or so) and try again, Phone boots but I see I have almost no battery (1-2%). Now, even if the phone had been unplugged I would not expect battery to have dropped so quickly, since battery life has been ok for me so far.

The only possible explanation aside from some OS/Hardware glitch (that I can think of) is that I installed Utter last night, not sure if that could have caused a massive drain in so short a time, but since it is beta I accept it as a possible.

fredwardnelson

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Judging by some comments, i get an impression that it's not allowed to reveal and discuss any problems with this device. Only the good stuff... Well mmmmkayy.... Fortunately there are other forums (like xda) to get more information and make my decision.

Of course a discussion of any kind is generally acceptable, as is this one. But let's discuss actual problems, substantiated problems.. not list every whimsy we create about our phones. It's just silly after awhile.

Just imo, feel free to discuss. I remember when I had an HTC Hero... I had the phone for years and got involved online with the Android Community and there was a similar thread about that phone.. at the time there was an issue called ' dust under the screen issue' Everyone online was returning phones, calling customer support to complain... then rant online for not getting a replacement. I looked at my phone and realized I had the same issue, not once did it bother me or diminish my experience with that God awful phone lol. I never noticed THAT problem. I just think we are being a little too anal about some things

mgiusto

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I only have the back scratch issue, one got on there somehow, I have no clue how, so I recommend to everyone to get a protective screen on the back or a case immediately.

Also, unlisted, the audio volume to headphones isn't loud at all at full volume... Disappointed in that, I have been wanting a really loud audio output after coming from Gnex, this seems lower... :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress