Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 47
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default N4 qualifies for 50GB cloud storage

    Well this is comforting! FREE 50GB cloud storage via Box.net. Like many, I'd have preferred a larger storage drive on the device itself, but this definitely helps.

    LG Nexus 4 owners get 50GB free Box.net cloud storage | Android Community
    Thanked by 4:
    A_S_V and palitsyn like this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: N4 qualifies for 50GB cloud storage

    How long is the 50gb storage valid for though?

    I know Galaxy S3 users got 50gb Dropbox storage, but it was only valid for 2 years, what about this offer for Box users? Similar 2 year time limit?

    EDIT: Found it.

    https://support.box.com/entries/2226...-promotion-faq

    So how long will I get the 50GB? Will my account ever be downgraded to 5GB?

    Once you get your 50GB Box account, you’ll never be downgraded. The limited part of this promotion is that you only have until December 31, 2012 to get the upgrade; once you have it, the space is yours for the life of the account.

    Sounds good to me!! Bye bye Dropbox!
  3. #3  

    Default Re: N4 qualifies for 50GB cloud storage

    Quote Originally Posted by I Can Be Your Hero View Post
    How long is the 50gb storage valid for though?

    I know Galaxy S3 users got 50gb Dropbox storage, but it was only valid for 2 years, what about this offer for Box users? Similar 2 year time limit?
    its valid for ever but I wouldnt use it. I already got 50Gb with my HP touchpad and it was a pain to use.

    first you wont get desktop app. you cannot upload more than 100 mb. if you want to download the files you have to download one at a time from web.
    I uploaded 25 pics to it and when i wanted to download i had to pretty much download one by one which was a pain. so i stopped using it and deleted the account.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: N4 qualifies for 50GB cloud storage

    Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    its valid for ever but I would use it. I already got 50Gb with my HP touchpad and it was a pain to use.

    first you wont get desktop app. you cannot upload more than 100 mb. if you want to download the files you have to download one at a time from web.
    I uploaded 25 pics to it and when i wanted to download i had to pretty much download one by one which was a pain. so i stopped using it and deleted the account.
    Oh what? That sounds like crap. With no desktop app, how do I use it? Just go to the website and upload stuff manually?

    I'll still give it a shot. Maybe it's been improved from when you used it (I hope so anyway). If it's no good, I'll just go back to Dropbox.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: N4 qualifies for 50GB cloud storage

    Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    its valid for ever but I would use it. I already got 50Gb with my HP touchpad and it was a pain to use.

    first you wont get desktop app. you cannot upload more than 100 mb. if you want to download the files you have to download one at a time from web.
    I uploaded 25 pics to it and when i wanted to download i had to pretty much download one by one which was a pain. so i stopped using it and deleted the account.
    I'll give it a try regardless. I feel like most everyone should still sign up for it before the promotion is over. At the very least, you won't use it, but if it's improved over time (as it will be), it may just be useful after all.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: N4 qualifies for 50GB cloud storage

    Quote Originally Posted by I Can Be Your Hero View Post
    Oh what? That sounds like crap. With no desktop app, how do I use it? Just go to the website and upload stuff manually?

    I'll still give it a shot. Maybe it's been improved from when you used it (I hope so anyway). If it's no good, I'll just go back to Dropbox.
    yes, you have to go to website and do everything. and yes, give it a shot and the worst thing that could happen is you would end up not using it.

    Quote Originally Posted by clayjohn View Post
    I'll give it a try regardless. I feel like most everyone should still sign up for it before the promotion is over. At the very least, you won't use it, but if it's improved over time (as it will be), it may just be useful after all.
    yup dont ignore the offer. give it a shot. but dont expect a desktop app for this since its only available for paid version of the service.
  7. #7  
    jd914's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    804 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,378 Global Posts

    Default N4 qualifies for 50GB cloud storage

    Cloud storage means nothing because you can't run apps from the cloud.
    Fraser Carter likes this.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: N4 qualifies for 50GB cloud storage

    Awesome! Definitely helps the lack of an SD card slot. I just wish Box would support automatic photo uploading like dropbox does... that's the only thing I really used dropbox for. I use Google Drive for documents etc.
    - Motorola Atrix 2 - Nexus 7 - Nexus 4
  9. #9  

    Default Re: N4 qualifies for 50GB cloud storage

    Quote Originally Posted by jd914 View Post
    Cloud storage means nothing because you can't run apps from the cloud.
    -_-
  10. #10  

    Default Re: N4 qualifies for 50GB cloud storage

    Be happy with it. I will stay with evernote as i only store text docs.
    » Tom Fairclough «
    » Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae «
    » I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune «
  11. #11  
    Mugler Infusion's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    179 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

    Default Re: N4 qualifies for 50GB cloud storage

    Why is everybody so gullible to the cloud, you are basically sending your private information somewhere you don't really know where, if that will ever be compromised and so can you, never trust your information where you cannot get to it 100% of the time and you aren't with the cloud....it is evil.
    donec likes this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: N4 qualifies for 50GB cloud storage

    Yes ... but on the other hand it's off-site in case of disaster, accessible from anywhere and backed up without you needing to do anything.

    If your data is encrypted - you're perfectly safe. Choose your cloud provider wisely.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Oh, and box.net do have a desktop app now, so you can manage your files from a PC.
    Thanked by 3:
    dbareis likes this.
  13. #13  
    MrSherms's Avatar
    Great Googley Moogley!

    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.2.2

    Default Re: N4 qualifies for 50GB cloud storage

    Quote Originally Posted by c_hri_s View Post
    Yes ... but on the other hand it's off-site in case of disaster, accessible from anywhere and backed up without you needing to do anything.

    If your data is encrypted - you're perfectly safe. Choose your cloud provider wisely.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Oh, and box.net do have a desktop app now, so you can manage your files from a PC.
    +1. Signed up for a new account for 5GB free, downloaded the desktop app, downloaded the android app on my N4 for a total of 50GB free storage (for life), all in about 5 minutes time. Easy peasy.

    Privacy/Security arguments can be made, as well as discretion for what you upload to the cloud, but it sure is nice to have the 50GB free storage option while this promotion lasts.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
  14. #14  
    jflexe99's Avatar
    Droids!

    Posts
    339 Posts
    Global Posts
    580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: N4 qualifies for 50GB cloud storage

    Got my 50GB for free right after I downloaded and registered. Quite awesome. Never had online storage. So I don't need an external SD card quite as badly now...but would have been nice haha.

    YAH for FREE!!!
  15. #15  

    Default Re: N4 qualifies for 50GB cloud storage

    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Prodigy View Post
    Why is everybody so gullible to the cloud, you are basically sending your private information somewhere you don't really know where, if that will ever be compromised and so can you, never trust your information where you cannot get to it 100% of the time and you aren't with the cloud....it is evil.
    For the most part I agree comepletely with you but there are some things that are not security risk, that some people may not mind sharing and these things can be put into the cloud. So to me getting 50GB for such stuff I think is a good deal. But everyone should be aware of what you said that placing your information in the cloud is not safe.

    Here is what I keep thinking...
    If you put encrypted securty important or personal data in the cloud then (as far as you know) you have just placed that data on a malicious hacker's computer and they have all the time in the world to break your encryption and get your data. I understand that the company that host the cloud storage may be very reliable but don't think for one second that one employee of that company may in fact be untrustworthy. Also just because the company is trusted today does not mean you can trust them tomorrow, but they will always have your data.
    Galaxy Note II 16GB white unlocked and Galaxy Note 10.1 grey version GT-N8013 not rooted
    Linux user #449322 running Linux Mint 13 KDE
  16. #16  

    Default Re: N4 qualifies for 50GB cloud storage

    Quote Originally Posted by celliott96 View Post
    Awesome! Definitely helps the lack of an SD card slot. I just wish Box would support automatic photo uploading like dropbox does... that's the only thing I really used dropbox for. I use Google Drive for documents etc.
    Has anyone tried out this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ync.full&hl=en
    Possibly does exactly what you want, sync a folder (ie your pictures)
    Thanked by:
  17. #17  

    Default Re: N4 qualifies for 50GB cloud storage

    I wish that Google would pony up some free Drive space.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG G4!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
  18. #18  

    Default Re: N4 qualifies for 50GB cloud storage

    Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    I wish that Google would pony up some free Drive space.
    Do you mean Google Drive? https://www.google.com/intl/en_US/dr...tml?authuser=0
  19. #19  

    Default Re: N4 qualifies for 50GB cloud storage

    Quote Originally Posted by bilago View Post
    He said" free"

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  20. #20  

    Default Re: N4 qualifies for 50GB cloud storage

    Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    He said" free"

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

    Free
    5GB
    Get 5 GB for free.

    Get started with 5 GB of free space. Upgrade to 25 GB for less than $2.50 a month, and you can store practically everything for next to nothing.
    5GB is free
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

    Default Re: N4 qualifies for 50GB cloud storage

    Quote Originally Posted by bilago View Post
    5GB is free
    Sounds like he wanted more than the minute 5GB; something closer to, say, 50GB.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: N4 qualifies for 50GB cloud storage

    Anyone else finding that with this you have to restart your phone for downloaded pictures to show up in the gallery?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

    Default Re: N4 qualifies for 50GB cloud storage

    Fun Fact: I bothered the box.net technical support team about extending this promotion for those that ordered the device already but may receive it after the December 31st deadline for the 50GB. Result? They upgraded me to 50GB right now and I don't even have the N4 yet.

    Props to you, box.net, I'll pass along the courtesy you've extended to me.

    This may help others who want this deal as I did.
    Thanked by 3:
  24. #24  

    Default Re: N4 qualifies for 50GB cloud storage

    Quote Originally Posted by clayjohn View Post
    Fun Fact: I bothered the box.net technical support team about extending this promotion for those that ordered the device already but may receive it after the December 31st deadline for the 50GB. Result? They upgraded me to 50GB right now and I don't even have the N4 yet.

    Props to you, box.net, I'll pass along the courtesy you've extended to me.

    This may help others who want this deal as I did.
    I just sent them a friendly email, hopefully they grant me the same courtesy!
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

    Default Re: N4 qualifies for 50GB cloud storage

    Quote Originally Posted by bilago View Post
    I just sent them a friendly email, hopefully they grant me the same courtesy!
    I went back and forth with the person for a couple days, who told me nonsense information like I needed to have the app installed on my device (obviously), to which I explained my situation and then tech support came back and said they upgraded my account to the 50GB. I was polite yet very persistent.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions