N4 qualifies for 50GB cloud storage

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Fun Fact: I bothered the box.net technical support team about extending this promotion for those that ordered the device already but may receive it after the December 31st deadline for the 50GB. Result? They upgraded me to 50GB right now and I don't even have the N4 yet.

Props to you, box.net, I'll pass along the courtesy you've extended to me.

This may help others who want this deal as I did.

bilago

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Fun Fact: I bothered the box.net technical support team about extending this promotion for those that ordered the device already but may receive it after the December 31st deadline for the 50GB. Result? They upgraded me to 50GB right now and I don't even have the N4 yet.

Props to you, box.net, I'll pass along the courtesy you've extended to me.

This may help others who want this deal as I did.

I just sent them a friendly email, hopefully they grant me the same courtesy!

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I just sent them a friendly email, hopefully they grant me the same courtesy!

I went back and forth with the person for a couple days, who told me nonsense information like I needed to have the app installed on my device (obviously), to which I explained my situation and then tech support came back and said they upgraded my account to the 50GB. I was polite yet very persistent.

bilago

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I went back and forth with the person for a couple days, who told me nonsense information like I needed to have the app installed on my device (obviously), to which I explained my situation and then tech support came back and said they upgraded my account to the 50GB. I was polite yet very persistent.

Well, this is the email I got

Jen Letracion (Box Support)

Dec 08 06:45 pm (PST)

Hi xxxxx,

Thanks for contacting Box.

Box promotions has its definite expiration date, any extension will only depend on the company who currently avails the promotion.For LG promotional accounts, it would only be extended if they would do such request to Box. For more info regarding our ongoing promotions, kindly check the link below:

https://support.box.com/entries/22057282-box-promotions-faq

Best,
Jen
Box support

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I had the reply as well. I voiced my concerns with box.net again, and also sent LG and email. Out of the blue the tech support team at Box decided to upgrade me. I suppose I annoyed them enough lol.

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Found the app installed it. Created account verified my email. All within 1 minute.

50GB of Free lifetime cloud storage in less than a minute. Awesome!

notdodgy

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Tried this and was referred to the offers t&c page.

Replied back, this morning, still waiting to hear.

Perhaps we should ask Google to cough up if they cause us to miss the offer.

Roger

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
If you have a corporate email they will also give 50gb to your coworker. Nice when you have an unlimited .yourownwebsite.com address. I believe you can change the address to the account after you make it so I can make accounts then switch to my friends and families email addressed and let them reset the passwords. Unlimited 50gb accounts for free.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
If you have a corporate email they will also give 50gb to your coworker. Nice when you have an unlimited .yourownwebsite.com address. I believe you can change the address to the account after you make it so I can make accounts then switch to my friends and families email addressed and let them reset the passwords. Unlimited 50gb accounts for free.

Yes, I was able to send along invites to all my coworkers... 50GB for all!!!

The 250mb limit is not quite good enough for most movies, but I found the best use of it for me as my personal mobile jukebox. I use an app called "CloudAround Music Player" which lets me stream MP3s from box, google drive and others. It's pretty sweet. I can also just bluetooth to my car stereo and have anything ready to go instantly. The app works great to index everything.

promanex

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I was given a 50GB account by box some time ago, they gave me the power to give anyone else a 50GB account too. I thought it was AWESOME at the time. Then after I spent ages putting a load of files into the account, all nicely organised into folders etc did I discover their fatal flaw... you have to download files ONE AT A TIME. No zipped up folders, no desktop app to automate it. Trawl through them all manually. NO THANKS! I have never used it since!

They have changed it now so you CAN download a folder! AWESOME!

Last edited:

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I was given a 50GB account by box some time ago, they gave me the power to give anyone else a 50GB account too. I thought it was AWESOME at the time. Then after I spent ages putting a load of files into the account, all nicely organised into folders etc did I discover their fatal flaw... you have to download files ONE AT A TIME. No zipped up folders, no desktop app to automate it. Trawl through them all manually. NO THANKS! I have never used it since!

I just tested it. I can select any folder I want and choose download and it puts it all into one zip file with folders intact. Pretty easy really. You can bulk upload to any single folder too. Maybe they upgraded since you had it?

That said, I still would never trust any cloud storage long term. I still have an archive on my NAS. Backups ad more backups are and will always be your best friend.

promanex

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I just tested it. I can select any folder I want and choose download and it puts it all into one zip file with folders intact. Pretty easy really. You can bulk upload to any single folder too. Maybe they upgraded since you had it?

That said, I still would never trust any cloud storage long term. I still have an archive on my NAS. Backups ad more backups are and will always be your best friend.

Yeah they changed that then, that used to be a feature you only got if you paid them for it. Might actually use them now, then!

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I was able to send along invites to all my coworkers... 50GB for all!!!

The 250mb limit is not quite good enough for most movies

I am glad it is 250. Up until about 2 or 3 weeks ago I think it was only 100mb.

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
There's no app, just got to box.net and log in with the account you created on your phone.
My post was a reply to c_hri_s where they said "Oh, and box.net do have a desktop app now, so you can manage your files from a PC". This is why I said "I have not been able to find it for the free version. Could you provide a link to the desktop app?". Now you say there is no app. Is it possible that you and I could be wrong and c_hri_s knows something we do not? This is what I am attempting to find out so I am waiting for c_hri_s to respond to see if he knows something I don't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201