Nexus 4 - Bluetooth commands when the screen is off

Gatorplanet

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Using the new Nexus 4, has anyone had any luck with hands free calling/texting using a Bluetooth device with the screen turned off? I have a Jabra Cruiser 2 in my car and it sync's fine with the device but only seems to activate voice commands on Google Now or apps such as Vlingo if the screen is left on. As soon as the screen turns off I have to hit the power button to activate the screen as hitting the Bluetooth dial button when it's off doesn't activate voice prompts from the phone.

Thanks in advance for any feedback,
Dan

Last edited:

Firax

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi Daniel,

I bought the Jabra Cruiser 2 for my Samsung Galaxy Nexus. How do you activate Google Now straight from the Jabra Cruiser 2? I've been trying to figure that out.
And another question: do you also have to push the hangup/answer button on the Jabra Cruiser 2 to activate the Bluetooth connection once you are back in the car or does it connect automatically every time you re-enter the car? I seem to have to push that button every time I leave the car and come back, and then it says "connected".

I will also look into your problem and try to help you with that.

Thanks for your help!!
Firax

Gatorplanet

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Firax,

I was using an iPhone 4 with my Jabra Cruiser 2 and it worked great as far as being able to press the button on the cruiser and the phone would from a "screen off" state activate and beep waiting for a voice command such as "call john doe mobile" and dial that number. My wife has an iPhone 4S with Siri and it intermittently works with the Cruiser. With all that said, I have for the most part given up on my Cruiser 2 being anything except a speaker phone to answer calls with. It is for the most part useless with the phone as far as trying to press the phone and dialing. I haven't had the problem with having the push the button when leaving the car but I did recently update the firmware on the device and this feature works better now. Below is the URL for the firmware update page:

Support: Jabra CRUISER

Dan

You might want to

Gatorplanet

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Solutions Etcetera,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll check out a Motorola speakerphone replacement if I can't get this Jabra to work correctly.

Dan

Firax

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi Dan,

Thanks a lot for your response. What button on the cruiser are you referring to (to activate Siri or Google Now)? Is it the answer/end call button, the main one in the middle? When I press it absolutely nothing happens, just a short beep from the speaker, that's all. That's the same for my iPhone 4S as well as Samsung Galaxy Nexus. It would be really great to be able to activate Siri or Google Now from the Cruiser 2. Does that work for anyone else?

Regarding the second point, are you saying that when you reenter your car after having left it for several hours it reconnects automatically without having to do anything? Because every time I enter my car again I have to push the main button to have it connect.
Thanks a lot for the link, I will update the firmware tomorrow.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo