LG really has quality issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes people may argue with me about this, but really there are some quality issues that could be addressed if only LG would even attempt to do so, which they are not, look in the past, they have bad reputation for quality, for example the LG Optimus 4X HD, and poor service too, I would have hoped a change when they hooked up with Google to introduce the Nexus 4 but I am seeing a lot of quality issues already, I work for Foxconn, we currently have contracts with AMD, HP, and Calxeda at the Foxconn I work for, I am a repair technician, I know bad product quality when I see it, and I am seeing quite a lot with LG, personally I do not think they even do quality checks or tests for quality. I know we do runnin tests for 24 hours to 72 hours on some computers, yes a phone is not a computer or server per-say but....it really is a computer, it should have some kind of quality assurance testing to make sure that the phone will be shipped with no problems and I am seeing a few problems which could be addressed.

Here are the problems I have been collecting so far in this link: http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...worked-out-nexus-4-goes-here.html#post2343819

and their could be more, as more time this phone is in use more problems will show up, that is why it is essential to do a testing for quality, to make sure everything works before sending it to a customer and I don't think that LG is doing that very well, too many problems are floating through their system over there that we are seeing now.

Best source of action is to let Google know these problems do exist and maybe the next person will get a good problem-free phone and of course if you have a problem phone contact Google immediately, you don't want any warranty period to slip by and then you are stuck with that minor problem that could eventually be a big problem later.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You already have a thread bashing LG, yet felt it necessary to start another thread to bash them and point them to your first thread based on other peoples posts about a phone YOU DON'T EVEN OWN YET? Why? I mean, other than you're a Foxconn repair tech.

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
My only hope with all my pointing out the negatives with this phone is to purposely get word to Google and then to LG to start getting phones that are fixed with some kind of quality with them, man I don't want to be the only one who is going to report problems to Google, for every 1 voice there are at least a dozen others who are having the problems I am reporting to them, I list around 20 problems multiply that by 12 and that equals 240, would you want to be one of those people who has one of these problems? NO you wouldn't.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
The problem is that you are assuming the "issues" you are pointing out are widespread, when I assure you they are not. Every single device, especially when new, is subject to a few hardware issues, but more importantly if you frequent the forums of new devices you could easily be convinced that no manufacturer has ever released a good device (something I see constantly as an Advisor here, lol). People who get problem/defective units are 100x more likely to post about them than people who get good ones, and trust me the bad units are in the minority. Not to mention some people see problems that don't really exist and decide to post and cause panic over it, and then you have some people who are just obnoxious trolls, lol.

I received a flawless Nexus 4 last Monday. Zero issues whatsoever. My previous two phones were also blasted in the forums as defective and full of bugs and issues, the Verizon Gnex and the Droid Bionic. But I got each one on launch day and did not have a single issue with them either. Judge for yourself, don't fall victim to reading the forums and expecting the worst when most of the time it is overblown hearsay.

:)

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Dude you have got to learn how to structure a sentence. Just throw a few periods in there. You could close your eyes and put periods anywhere and it would probably work better than this hideous run on sentences.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes people may argue with me about this, but really there are some quality issues that could be addressed if only LG would even attempt to do so, which they are not, look in the past, they have bad reputation for quality, for example the LG Optimus 4X HD, and poor service too, I would have hoped a change when they hooked up with Google to introduce the Nexus 4 but I am seeing a lot of quality issues already, I work for Foxconn, we currently have contracts with AMD, HP, and Calxeda at the Foxconn I work for, I am a repair technician, I know bad product quality when I see it, and I am seeing quite a lot with LG, personally I do not think they even do quality checks or tests for quality. I know we do runnin tests for 24 hours to 72 hours on some computers, yes a phone is not a computer or server per-say but....it really is a computer, it should have some kind of quality assurance testing to make sure that the phone will be shipped with no problems and I am seeing a few problems which could be addressed.

Here are the problems I have been collecting so far in this link: http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...worked-out-nexus-4-goes-here.html#post2343819

and their could be more, as more time this phone is in use more problems will show up, that is why it is essential to do a testing for quality, to make sure everything works before sending it to a customer and I don't think that LG is doing that very well, too many problems are floating through their system over there that we are seeing now.

Best source of action is to let Google know these problems do exist and maybe the next person will get a good problem-free phone and of course if you have a problem phone contact Google immediately, you don't want any warranty period to slip by and then you are stuck with that minor problem that could eventually be a big problem later.

It seems the discussion you want to have is already happening in the thread you linked to, so I'm closing this one down.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress