Delete Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
For those that ordered today:

Our orders aren't actually going to ship until 1-2 weeks (or even later if you ordered later today), so should we still be charged $13.99 for shipping? i understand people from the first batch were refunded shipping charges because it took (taking) weeks to get to them. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

slowman

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: Should we still be charged for 2 day shipping?

Yes. You're not paying the money for 2 day processing. Once they have the stock and ship it, it'll get there within 2 days, instead of the 4-5 days or more it could take if regular ground was selected.

It makes perfect sense.

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

It's 2 day shipping so as long as it get to your house within 2 days of leaving the facility it's still 2 day shipping.

Benoni Cooper

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

No.... hell no.
Charged for 2 day shipping. Ships in 2-3 weeks.... I should hope not.

Yes. You're not paying the money for 2 day processing. Once they have the stock and ship it, it'll get there within 2 days, instead of the 4-5 days or more it could take if regular ground was selected.

It makes perfect sense.

Then I want 4-5 day shipping.
after 2 or 3 weeks, 2-3 more days wont make 15$ worth of difference.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

We will get our shipping charge refunded like the first batch of orders....only fair right?

sonicresidue

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

Remember when you had to look through a catalog, fill out a form, write a check, mail it, then wait 6 - 8 weeks?

kgeier82

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

First batch they said delivery within 5 days. They set the 1-2 week expectations this time. I say you all should pay for it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

We will get our shipping charge refunded like the first batch of orders....only fair right?

I ordered in the first wave and got my phone on the 5th buisness day. So i did not get a refund on shipping, which makes sense. so if it said it "ships in 4-5 weeks" or whatever amount of weeks it said. and after that amount of weeks it leaves the facilty and get to your house in 2 buisness days why is it fair to get a refund. the people getting shipping refund are the ones who did not get there phones in 5 days

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

It makes perfect sense.

Yup.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

For those that ordered today:

Our orders aren't actually going to ship until 1-2 weeks (or even later if you ordered later today), so should we still be charged $13.99 for shipping? i understand people from the first batch were refunded shipping charges because it took (taking) weeks to get to them. What do you guys think?

you didnt order when "will ship in 3-5 days" was displayed and was delayed for 1-2 weeks.
It was displayed "will ship in 1-2 weeks" and people ordered so i dont think people will get their shipping back.
you ordered knowing that there is a delay to ship. the back order was not this case.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

you didnt order when "will ship in 3-5 days" was displayed and was delayed for 1-2 weeks.
It was displayed "will ship in 1-2 weeks" and people ordered so i dont think people will get their shipping back.
you ordered knowing that there is a delay to ship. the back order was not this case.

seems like a weak excuse to me. the fact that we order now and actually get it weeks from now is a common thing between the first batch and us. 2 day shipping is useless if processing takes 1-2 weeks, I would rather just get ground shipping if I have to wait that long anyway, and save the $15. oh well...

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

i mean think about it. A $15 charge to actually get the device in 7-14 business days as opposed to no charge to actually get the device in 9-16 business days. And to those that are shipping in like 4-5 weeks, well....

not complaining or anything, just looking at this realistically. let the flaming begin in 3...2....1....

Burleson90

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

I ordered later in the day today so mine is 2-3 weeks but I personally am ok with the $14 shipping as long as I get the phone. I just want it and really can't complain about a new phone (unlocked even) for less than $400 total. Just my opinion

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I ordered later in the day today so mine is 2-3 weeks but I personally am ok with the $14 shipping as long as I get the phone. I just want it and really can't complain about a new phone (unlocked even) for less than $400 total. Just my opinion

agreed. i am glad to be getting this phone but I am pretty careful with my $

:D

EnderTheThird

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

If I were ordering today, I would like a cheaper shipping option. Kinda stinks to pay $14 for 2-day shipping when it's not shipping for at least a few weeks. A bargain $5 S&H charge that takes a week to get to you would be appreciated, because you're already waiting that long so what's the hurry?

But, like Ziptied said, you're paying for shipping and handling, so there might not be as much fat to trim for the handling portion. I'm sure Google has a deal with UPS for shipping all of their products out, and that deal is probably predicated on 2-day shipping for all orders.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

If I were ordering today, I would like a cheaper shipping option. Kinda stinks to pay $14 for 2-day shipping when it's not shipping for at least a few weeks. A bargain $5 S&H charge that takes a week to get to you would be appreciated, because you're already waiting that long so what's the hurry?

But, like Ziptied said, you're paying for shipping and handling, so there might not be as much fat to trim for the handling portion. I'm sure Google has a deal with UPS for shipping all of their products out, and that deal is probably predicated on 2-day shipping for all orders.

ziptied just said that shipping and handling are different things. look at your confirmation email. it just says shipping: 13.99. I just fake bought a nexus 7 to check and it lists the $13.99 charge just as "shipping". i know $380 for an unlocked phone with these specs are a hell of a deal, but you know whats even better? $366. I mean $14 is still $14.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress