Nexus 4 Ordered on November 27: Order Status and Tracking

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Just another clustereff. We paid for two day shipping, and they've notified us (some of us) that it has shipped. If we don't get it within two business days of the shipping notification we have every right to complain, right? I'm not mad really, as this is earlier than I expected anyways, but they have notified us it has shipped..and we paid for 2 day shipping..so..

Omg don't freak out! It hasn't been 2 days yet. Don't worry until it's late. Also, don't listen to a UPS "operator" on a Sunday...

severinj

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
If your tracking number says UPS is still waiting to receive the package that means there is no physical item being shipped yet. Once UPS actually has the package your tracking # will be updated to show where it is shipping from.

UPS has been contacted to let know these items will be shipped out but UPS does not have these items until you see the tracking updated with actual information. Considering the # should have been updated by today with where it is shipping from I believe Google may have just contacted them regarding the packages but has yet to fulfill any of the new orders - they're probably still dealing with back order.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Everything is amazing and no one is happy

Start at 2:15 - Everything is amazing and nobody is happy. on Vimeo

Everyone relax lol. LMAO at the person calling UPS.

It will arrive! I promise! Live your lives!

I know right! The thing isn't even late yet and they are calling asking why it's late. Guys cool out! Some people got the phone BEFORE the shipping was updated. Is that right? No. But it wasn't late!

mrandradej

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I placed an order for (2) Nexus 4 (16gb) on Order date: Nov 27, 2012 3:01:30 PM PST.

Estimated Shipping date: 2-3 weeks

Still no tracking number!!

Any idea if anyone purchased it at the same... and got the tracking number ?

It hasn't even been a week since you ordered. Everybody needs to calm down.

Exergy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I called UPS for other shipping related issues. Being in NYC receiving a package from UPS is always a nightmare. The expected delivery was a secondary concern to me. Just keeping you guys updated.

Exergy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
What did they say?

I'm having the same issue. I just called UPS because I was curious what was going on and when it will actually be here. My tracking hasn't updated but it says the expected delivery date is Monday. The operator told me that this probably isn't true because from what she could tell UPS doesn't even have the package yet. The expected delivery date was estimated back on the creation of the label. Anyway, it's not great news since it seems like it won't be coming as quickly as we thought. If the UPS agent is right, what is Google doing?!?!

pryezon

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
My 16GB order went through at 6:05:18 PM EST and I've had no status change (still "pending"). My window did change from "1-2 weeks" when I first had it in my cart, to "2-3 weeks" once it was finally submitted. This estimate is not on my receipt, but it does seem like I'll be waiting another week for shipping.

slask

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Calm down, guys. UPS's tracking system is totally a POS. It takes forever to update, and sometimes doesn't update until a few hours before delivery. I wish Google would use FedEx. :(

ExpiredGrammar

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Order placed 2-3 weeks 7pm EST
Google has received you order :)
Had 10 tabs open when it started again and refreshed them until they got in my cart and then refreshed until my shipping order was entered.
Worth it ;)

AppsLasVegas

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Nov 27 Google Inc. received your order.
Nov 27 You placed an order with Google Inc. on Nov 27. Google Wallet sent a copy of this receipt to

Order Date: November 27, 2012 4:57:17 PM UTC-8
Order Number: **********************************

Nexus 4 (16GB) - The next generation phone. Thin, light, and designed for Google Play. $349.00
Shipping (Two Day): $13.99
Tax: $28.27
Total: $391.26
-----------------------------------
Nov 27: I had the $391.26 pending charge showing on my bank account
Dec 02: The $391.26 charge has disappeared, and no charges from google present
I assume I will be charged when they are ready to ship it

just like everyone else... Order status has still not changed.... it was 2-3 week shipping window if I remember correctly

SeiRyuSeijin

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
That is my confusion too, I emailed Google to see if they know what it is, but they have not given me a reply yet.

I get paranoid when I cannot track my shipped packages, even if it is something cheap like a adapter, so this is bugging me lol, although I am glad it did ship of course.

SeiRyuSeijin

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Just another clustereff. We paid for two day shipping, and they've notified us (some of us) that it has shipped. If we don't get it within two business days of the shipping notification we have every right to complain, right? I'm not mad really, as this is earlier than I expected anyways, but they have notified us it has shipped..and we paid for 2 day shipping..so..
Yes, and if you complain enough, Google may waive the shipping fee, that is what I am going to do if I do not get mine by Tuesday, get my $15 back, if I'm forced to pay for 2-day guaranteed, then I want the 2 day guaranteed delivery after shipping.

SeiRyuSeijin

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
But when I get a notification that it has shipped, I get very paranoid about tracking it, and when I can't track it, it annoys me, I am happy it shipped at all of course, but I cannot help but get annoyed at what is going on.

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I do wish Google would use FedEx, but UPS is generally much less expensive and most companies tend to ship items UPS if time is not critical.

My employer kicked UPS to the curb a few years ago after dealing with a few nightmares where packages were lost/destroyed and a few time miss delivered.

FedEx has been spot on and even gone out of their way to make a delivery on-time even though we got the package late to them.

Their Custom Critical Group is nothing short of amazing and has been a breeze to deal with, but that does come at a price, since switching to FedEx our shipping expenses have increased.

It comes down to you get what you pay for, like most things in life.

On-topic, UPS still shows my N4 as having a label created and nothing more.

Dan

ch33kyDroiD

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Nov 27 Google Inc. received your order.
Nov 27 You placed an order with Google Inc. on Nov 27. Google Wallet sent a copy of this receipt to

Order Date: November 27, 2012 4:57:17 PM UTC-8
Order Number: **********************************

Nexus 4 (16GB) - The next generation phone. Thin, light, and designed for Google Play. $349.00
Shipping (Two Day): $13.99
Tax: $28.27
Total: $391.26
-----------------------------------
Nov 27: I had the $391.26 pending charge showing on my bank account
Dec 02: The $391.26 charge has disappeared, and no charges from google present
I assume I will be charged when they are ready to ship it

just like everyone else... Order status has still not changed.... it was 2-3 week shipping window if I remember correctly[/QUOTE]

yup my charge vanished to ... called google. .. they said that they put the money back :/ .. and will charge when shipped.Also told me to make sure the money is in my account when they do charge the card. Cant understand why couldn't they just keep it pending.