Nexus 4 Ordered on November 27: Order Status and Tracking

Pseu

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Google is currently quite stupid at selling stuff. We who ordered (or even tried to order) this phone know that quite well. I think that right there adequately explains the odd (lack of) shipping information, so there's no need to spin conspiracies.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Google is currently quite stupid at selling stuff. We who ordered (or even tried to order) this phone know that quite well. I think that right there adequately explains the odd (lack of) shipping information, so there's no need to spin conspiracies.

You are most likely correct, but sometimes these conspiracies can take on a power of their own and maybe even get Google to respond to them to debunk them. LOL

ColoradoSteve

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I got an email from UPS that I would have a package delivered today from Google.

I received the message last Friday that the phone was shipped..

They are going out...

Steve

Nonymous666

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
[...] It's been on 2-day air for like 4 days with no change.
UPS "two day shipping" is two *business* days. Weekends don't count. Just sayin'.

Myself, I can't really complain. I didn't get the shipping email from Google until 7pm (eastern) on Friday night. So I didn't expect anything to happen over the weekend and I actually would have been surprised if it did. I've had similar things happen with places like Newegg where they announce they've shipped something to me on a late Friday afternoon but nothing really starts happening until Monday.
But yeah, most people got the email in the wee hours of Friday morning and it's odd that nothing else happened that day. If what has to happen next is going to be on California time on a Monday, then we still have a couple hours for Google to really be open up and operating for business.

Sweet Pikake

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean by disappeared. Was it charged or the transaction is all gone?

When I ordered on Nov. 27, on my Debit card showed pending charge, today when I checked, the pending charge allocated for the Nexus 4 dissappeared and the funds reverted back to available. My guess is I went fishing, caught a big 16GB Nexus 4, then the line broke and it got away. Supposed to have been 2-3 weeks delivery.

rsenator

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
When I ordered on Nov. 27, on my Debit card showed pending charge, today when I checked, the pending charge allocated for the Nexus 4 dissappeared and the funds reverted back to available. My guess is I went fishing, caught a big 16GB Nexus 4, then the line broke and it got away. Supposed to have been 2-3 weeks delivery.

Did you receive a UPS tracking number from Google via email?

Sweet Pikake

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Did you receive a UPS tracking number from Google via email?

No, like I said, the funds allocated for the Nexus 4 went back to my available funds, IDK exactly what is happening, but my guess is Google Play put a reserved from your funds and it gets charge when it ships, since there's nothing to ship, they cancel the reserve and goes back in your bank account to spend anyway you like. So, my guess is I won't be getting a Nexus 4 anytime soon. Anyone else has a disappearing act on their bank account, I'm curious.

shea-bird

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by disappeared. Was it charged or the transaction is all gone?

right after I bought the phone, my bank account showed a pending charge for the full price (which was also showing as deducted from my account). This charge completely disappeared over the weekend (saturday I believe). I figured once I got the "your item has shipped" email from Google, everything was complete...but now the tracking number provided does not show any information other than "shipping label created" (like most) and the charge was dropped...lol who knows what is going on. def. a shady operation though...I have never dealt with this kind of transaction before where everything was in a cloud of smoke..

shea-bird

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
No, like I said, the funds allocated for the Nexus 4 went back to my available funds, IDK exactly what is happening, but my guess is Google Play put a reserved from your funds and it gets charge when it ships, since there's nothing to ship, they cancel the reserve and goes back in your bank account to spend anyway you like. So, my guess is I won't be getting a Nexus 4 anytime soon. Anyone else has a disappearing act on their bank account, I'm curious.

Well my funds became available again too (eg- the google charge disappeared) and I still got a tracking number email early Friday morning...

Nonymous666

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
So, the people who have their account saying shipped by google, did your amount get deducted from the bank account?
I just logged into my Visa account and discovered that google charged me for the phone on 12/1 (Saturday). I guess that's good news. But on the other hand, still no update on UPS other than "label has been created".

jyemenai

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
So, the people who have their account saying shipped by google, did your amount get deducted from the bank account?
Google sent me the tracking info, but there's still no charge in my bank. I think when my UPS tracker changes that's when the money will leave my account.

Sweet Pikake

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Well my funds became available again too (eg- the google charge disappeared) and I still got a tracking number email early Friday morning...

Maybe you'll get a X-MAS present from GOOGLE for free. I figured since you got a TRACKING NUMBER and your funds went back in your pocket (purse), I'm happy for you. We almost always get what's left at the bottom of the barrel here in Hawaii. Maybe I should move to lower 48 so I can have the same treatment like everyone else (LOL)

laser155

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I got an email from UPS that I would have a package delivered today from Google.

I received the message last Friday that the phone was shipped..

They are going out...

Steve

Have you gotten any other updates from UPS up until today? Or are the only notifications on your tracking number, shipping label printed and out for delivery?

shadowtrixz

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah i need some hope, cause i do not think they shipped mine yet lol

Is everyone else around the same page?
HUpY3.png

3PSa8.png

Still no "real" tracking info from UPS

bdavis89

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Have you gotten any other updates from UPS up until today? Or are the only notifications on your tracking number, shipping label printed and out for delivery?

All I'm getting is this from my tracking #:

"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

Some people apparently have had it skip straight from that to "Out for delivery" so there's really no telling when/if you might receive it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo