iPhone 5 to Nexus 4

map1978

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I never said i barley used my phone... 2 days on my iphone 5 gave me 100-150 text a day 1 hour of bluetooth music play back each day moderate web browsing and normal use of facebook and instagram . my N4 on the other hand gives me about 8 hours with doing all that. And email delivery every hour and i never shut my wifi off

There's no way your iP5 is getting 2 days on a charge with what your saying. My iP5 with normal usage gets me through the day and if I don't charge that night, I would have to charge in the car in the morning.

I don't understand why everyone can't get through a day using the N4....I got every page on my N4 with widgets everywhere, NFC off, 25 or 50% screen, and normal data usage, and have had no problems these past few days.

Charger at home
Charger in the car

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
I think I'm just gonna sell mine soon let me use it for a full week. My download speeds are shot. At&t can't do anything about it. I can't even check instagram when I'm outside. Phones great battery's shot data sucks. Oh I forgot my biggest problem is the fact when I connect to the Bluetooth on my car I have to play the songs from my phone unlike my iPhone I can use the screen on my dash
This might be why your battery life is so low. When the phone doesn't have good signal, it constantly spends battery resources trying to find a better signal and better data network. If your phone is on AT&T, did you check the APN settings?

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
download Carat app it will tell you what is hogging your battery.

also go to serttings, your google account and turn off a lot of the Sync. those drain the crap out of your battery

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about you but my mates charge their iphone 5's daily. Your are most definitely doing something wrong to drain the battery!
Try downloading a power saving app.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't buy the 2 days use with an iPhone 5.

I just don't, especially after so many customers are complaining to me about battery life and how it doesn't last

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
What ever APN that came on my phone automatically on my phone after I pop the Sim in is there every thing works SMS MMS data so I never bothered to change the settings I reset the phone let's see how the battery does no old apps

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't buy the 2 days use with an iPhone 5.

I just don't, especially after so many customers are complaining to me about battery life and how it doesn't last

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

Those people are wrong or don't know what they are doing. Here's a couple screen shots from battery life on my 5.

2a4amu6a.jpg

This cycle majority of the time was on Wi-Fi but even still with my GNex rooted running Liquid the closest I came to this was 25-27 hours standby on mostly Wi-Fi. My normal usage is texting, streaming music while I drive, Facebook and YouTube.

e4ajuvah.jpg

This screenshot is more indicative of what I normally get.
Don't get me wrong I still love android but I started out with the original iPhone in 2007 and after using four android phones I wanted to come back and I'm glad I did. Now next year when my contract is up with VZW I'll probably get the nexus when it's released.

Beamed from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Off Topic(?);

From my tough Samsung SGH T329 phone to BlackBerry Bold 9700 to Sensation 4G to my NEXUS 4... I just don't get leaving every service enabled, making regular use of it and expecting to not plug it in at the end of the day. I figure God only knows what I'm going to go through the next day, just plug the darn thing in... you want a phone with a sucky battery? Take my old Omnipoint Ericsson-CF388! It must have boasted about fifteen to twenty minutes talk time, I swear! Even now my NEXUS 4 is plugged into my MacPro, charging while I figure out how to take over the world with it...

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Well I wasn't too fond of doing the Google sync thing when moving to a new phone, export a vcf file, copy it to your new phone, import it with the contacts app (People on the NEXUS).

bphelminski

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
iPhone immigrants, can somebody tell me how to get my address book over to my new Nexus device? I have an iPhone 4
If you have a gmail account set up, it's super easy. Make sure your gmail account is set up on your iPhone as an exchange account. Then make sure gmail contacts are set up to sync. Well, actually follow this tutorial. It explains it better than I am: Sync Contacts From iPhone to Gmail

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
On behalf of your contacts I ask you use the VCF export/import method, if only to spare yourself from knowing you made their personal data available for Google's servers to cull even if you assure yourself that their data already belongs to Google. Practice your freedom to swim against the ebb and flow of the tides... your splashes count. ;)

austriak

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Those people are wrong or don't know what they are doing. Here's a couple screen shots from battery life on my 5.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/01/2a4amu6a.jpg

This cycle majority of the time was on Wi-Fi but even still with my GNex rooted running Liquid the closest I came to this was 25-27 hours standby on mostly Wi-Fi. My normal usage is texting, streaming music while I drive, Facebook and YouTube.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/01/e4ajuvah.jpg

This screenshot is more indicative of what I normally get.
Don't get me wrong I still love android but I started out with the original iPhone in 2007 and after using four android phones I wanted to come back and I'm glad I did. Now next year when my contract is up with VZW I'll probably get the nexus when it's released.

Beamed from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I can second this. I have an iphone 5 and I get 2 days out of it as well. I'm not trolling. I've actually been considering getting the Nexus 4 but the battery life discussions and other issues in the forums have been making me think twice.

ploupe11

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
When I first got the phone I was worried about my n4 not being able to last throughout the day, but after a few charge cycles it is already lasting and still getting better. I don't care if my phone lasts 5 days as I'm still going to charge it every night. As long as it makes it through the day with heavy use day in and day out that's all I need. I'll send some screenshots when getting low.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Yup everything is done on WiFi since my mobile internet sucks..gonna check the sync setting right now, my screen kills 35% of the battery and it is on auto and the android system kills the rest

Turn off location reporting in Google maps

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non