Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default nexus 4 lte in MEXICO

I know there aren't a lot of mexicans in the site but im one of them and i wanted to share my exitment because i order a nexus 4 on the playstore (i live in the border with US) and i recently found in a mexican webpage that they tested the new lte network (from telcel) on the nexus 4, and the blasting fast speeds are a go!! soo yeah ill just have to wait until my device arrive (currently backordered) but its worth the wait!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: nexus 4 lte in MEXICO

forgot this :
    Thanked by:
    andr0idralphie and saeufer like this.

I did hear that someone already had a hack to get it to work with the Canadian LTE network too. I have no idea on the specifics since I assumed LTE was a hardware issue?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

the thing is that the canadian and the mexican carriers works on band4 (1700/2100) specifically the new lte network of telcel, so despite the lack of the antena and amplifier (so i know from various posts here and other sources) the lte can be enabled.

That's good to know! Very jealous of you right now. IT does sound like Tmobile's future implementation of LTE here in the US might include some of the same! i.e band4 LTE.

For this reason alone, I am getting into a tmobile business value plan with unlimited 4g and hope to be grandfathered in when their version of LTE is deployed.
    alexhp26 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,109 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

Does anyone know what LTE band does AT&T uses in US?
    my Nexus 5 32GB
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,378 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alexhp26 View Post
    I know there aren't a lot of mexicans in the site but im one of them and i wanted to share my exitment because i order a nexus 4 on the playstore (i live in the border with US) and i recently found in a mexican webpage that they tested the new lte network (from telcel) on the nexus 4, and the blasting fast speeds are a go!! soo yeah ill just have to wait until my device arrive (currently backordered) but its worth the wait!
    You are so lucky! Estoy celoso!
    alexhp26 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,109 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

Yo tambin LOL
    my Nexus 5 32GB

Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    Does anyone know what LTE band does AT&T uses in US?
    band17

Global Posts
    1,109 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

Quote Originally Posted by minnemike View Post
    band17
    Thank you minniemike, so even if this N4 hack is proven it will not work on at&t's LTE network because it is band 17, and the N4's is band 4. :-(
    my Nexus 5 32GB

I'm waiting for the posts from those stating LTE on the N4 was physically impossible.
    ~~~SANDSTONE BLACK 64GB ONEPLUS ONE~~~

Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    Thank you minniemike, so even if this N4 hack is proven it will not work on at&t's LTE network because it is band 17, and the N4's is band 4. :-(

Yes. The best and likely only future chance of LTE with the N4 is Tmobile's band4.

Quote Originally Posted by andr0idralphie View Post
    I'm waiting for the posts from those stating LTE on the N4 was physically impossible.
    In their defense, LG actually stated that there was a hardware limitation... and there technically is with current LTE carriers (verizon and att). Good article on this: LG Nexus 4 (sort of) has 4G LTE | Mobile - CNET News

I'm guessing LG for some reason was told by tmobile to keep the LTE capabilities on the down low until they can actually offer it starting in another year or so.
    andr0idralphie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by minnemike View Post
    I'm guessing LG for some reason was told by tmobile to keep the LTE capabilities on the down low until they can actually offer it starting in another year or so.
    That's what I've been thinking... I'm sure Google's in the hush-hush list there, too.

Global Posts
    1,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

That speed is definitly LTE speed. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will be implemented on T-mobile's future LTE but I won't get my hopes up.

My T-mobile store stated that they will start roll out their LTE in Feb. They bought another carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by dsneedmd View Post
    My T-mobile store stated that they will start roll out their LTE in Feb. They bought another carrier.
    We got a letter in the mail stating that, its because of the MetroPCS merger which the FBI is now investigating I hear.

Con que planes puedes obtener LTE, son planes especiales o funcionan con los que ofrecen 3G?
    Tambin soy de la frontera y estoy interesado en el Nexus 4
    Saludos

For those who don't speak spanish, I'm asking if there's a special data plan we need in order to get LTE speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by andr0idralphie View Post
    We got a letter in the mail stating that, its because of the MetroPCS merger which the FBI is now investigating I hear.
    Haha the FBI?

Global Posts
    380 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fleury14 View Post
    Haha the FBI?
    Its standard for the FBI to investigate it keeps accountability.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by omma2289 View Post
    Con que planes puedes obtener LTE, son planes especiales o funcionan con los que ofrecen 3G?
    Saludos

For those who don't speak spanish, I'm asking if there's a special data plan we need in order to get LTE speeds.
    Yo queria preguntar lo mismo de los planes, por que a cada rato ando llendo a Juarez y quisiera tener el MicroSim pero SIN contrato

I was going to try this yesterday while I was in Tijuana but forgot! I know that LTE is live in Tijuana, and I have an Amigo SIM that I use when I go there. Their HSPA+ speeds are horrible, but I will try to remember to test this next time. This will also tell us if Amigo Prepaid plans are allowed LTE access, might need a different APN.

Quote Originally Posted by havanahjoe View Post
    I was going to try this yesterday while I was in Tijuana but forgot! I know that LTE is live in Tijuana, and I have an Amigo SIM that I use when I go there. Their HSPA+ speeds are horrible, but I will try to remember to test this next time. This will also tell us if Amigo Prepaid plans are allowed LTE access, might need a different APN.
    Man ill love that
    Run a lot of speed tests when you go there next time
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

eh alli el problema, por lo que he investigado necesitas un plan plan, y pues yo acabo de contratar uno que trae minutos, mensajes e internet (por parte de la escuela entonces esta mas barato) yo quiero suponer que solo con ir al centro de atencion me venderan un chip lte.
    Ahora bien an falta lo mas importante ... el celulaaaaar! jajaja

Quote Originally Posted by omma2289 View Post
    Saludos

Quote Originally Posted by alexhp26 View Post
    Ahora bien an falta lo mas importante ... el celulaaaaar! jajaja
    Dont even consider buying N4 in Mexico if you live in the border, i believe you already know it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast