Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default getting refund on shipping

    they charged us 14$ for 2 day shipping but they delivered it in 1 week. we are clearly entitled to a refund right?

    i was wondering if anyone called them for a refund yet and if so what did you say to get the refund. i want to know so when i call them for are refund, i won't get the work around and have to call several times...
  2. #2  

    Default Re: getting refund on shipping

    I don't think anyone will prove a valid argument to them. Yes, we got a false shipping label email last week. But, when the actual shipment arrived at UPS, it certainly looks like shipping was fulfilled in under 2 days. I think you would have to produce some sort of evidence that UPS had the phone in possession and shipped it longer that 2 days. Not sure the first UPS label email will be enough.

    It would be interesting to see if anyone succeeds though. I give my full support to them!
  3. #3  

    Default Re: getting refund on shipping

    I understand where you coming from, but it's not like they did not inform you of the shipping date estimate and give you an option to cancel your order up until your credit card was actually charged.

    Google definitely handled the release of the nexus 4 poorly, but not enough to refund shipping I don't think, considering the provided an option to cancel the order.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
  4. #4  
    Citizen Coyote's Avatar

    Posts
    880 Posts
    ROM
    KK 4.4.2

    Default Re: getting refund on shipping

    Quote Originally Posted by minnemike View Post
    I don't think anyone will prove a valid argument to them. Yes, we got a false shipping label email last week. But, when the actual shipment arrived at UPS, it certainly looks like shipping was fulfilled in under 2 days. I think you would have to produce some sort of evidence that UPS had the phone in possession and shipped it longer that 2 days. Not sure the first UPS label email will be enough.

    It would be interesting to see if anyone succeeds though. I give my full support to them!
    Given that they said they would not place a charge for payment until the device shipped, and many of us had our credit cards charged on the 30th, that could be enough evidence that the 30th was the official shipping date. That's the argument I plan on using, anyway. We'll see if Google buys it.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: getting refund on shipping

    Let us know how that works out for ya.

    Quote Originally Posted by jinjin12 View Post
    they charged us 14$ for 2 day shipping but they delivered it in 1 week. we are clearly entitled to a refund right?

    i was wondering if anyone called them for a refund yet and if so what did you say to get the refund. i want to know so when i call them for are refund, i won't get the work around and have to call several times...
  6. #6  

    Default Re: getting refund on shipping

    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Coyote View Post
    Given that they said they would not place a charge for payment until the device shipped, and many of us had our credit cards charged on the 30th, that could be enough evidence that the 30th was the official shipping date. That's the argument I plan on using, anyway. We'll see if Google buys it.
    I've heard mixed reports with this. Wasn't it just a pending place holder charge that later expired and then they issued a second legit charge just recently?
  7. #7  
    Citizen Coyote's Avatar

    Posts
    880 Posts
    ROM
    KK 4.4.2

    Default Re: getting refund on shipping

    Quote Originally Posted by minnemike View Post
    I've heard mixed reports with this. Wasn't it just a pending place holder charge that later expired and then they issued a second legit charge just recently?
    For some people that was the case, but mine never expired. They charged my card on the 30th, and it stayed there the entire time.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: getting refund on shipping

    My credit card was actually charged on 11/30. That along with the email from Google saying the phone was shipped on 11/30 is enough reason for me to want a shipping refund. It's not my problem what happened behind the scenes.
  9. #9  
    tpd15's Avatar

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

    Default Re: getting refund on shipping

    Me too. I'd been sent the shipping notice on 11/29. My card was genuinely charged on 12/1, and my statement closed a day or two later, so I was on the hook for it.

    That's definitely not 2-day shipping from my perspective. But given that from Goog's perspective, they probably put the phone in a UPS truck yesterday, or at most the day before, so it's still 2-day for them. Had they not sent me a fictitious shipping notice, and charged my card, I would have no complaint. However...
    Nexus 4 16g
  10. #10  

    Default Re: getting refund on shipping

    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Coyote View Post
    Given that they said they would not place a charge for payment until the device shipped, and many of us had our credit cards charged on the 30th, that could be enough evidence that the 30th was the official shipping date. That's the argument I plan on using, anyway. We'll see if Google buys it.
    My credit card statement shows it was charged on the 27th, the day I bought it. Not a PENDING charge, a PERMANENT charge. Shipping notice two/three days later, along with yellow box UPS tracking number, and my phone just arrived today.

    I didn't check my credit card statement until after I received the shipping notice, so perhaps my AMEX just converted the pending transaction to a permanent one. But my card was definitely charged well before UPS had it.

    Yeah, Google is definitely having some issues. Not sure if I want to pursue it however, even though I'm the poster child for a shipping refund.

    H@P
    Last edited by HobbesAtPlay; 12-06-2012 at 02:14 PM.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: getting refund on shipping

    Quote Originally Posted by swartzz View Post
    I understand where you coming from, but it's not like they did not inform you of the shipping date estimate and give you an option to cancel your order up until your credit card was actually charged.

    Google definitely handled the release of the nexus 4 poorly, but not enough to refund shipping I don't think, considering the provided an option to cancel the order.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    WHAT? yes they gave a shipping estimate and SAY THEY WOULD CHARGE MY CARD ONCE THEY SHIPPED IT. they shipped it and charged my card ok??!?! once it's shipped, that implies that they have the item for me and it's sent with 2nd air UPS.

    i ordered it on the 27th and got a pending charge, they shipped my item on the 29 supposedly and charged my card for a permanent 395$ on the 30th. and it's dec 6 and i still have not gotten my item even though it was supposed delivered today
  12. #12  

    Default Re: getting refund on shipping

    I see your point.
    Go for the refund, who knows, you might get it. Pls update the forum with whatever happens.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: getting refund on shipping

    Quote Originally Posted by swartzz View Post
    I see your point.
    Go for the refund, who knows, you might get it. Pls update the forum with whatever happens.
    yea i will once i get my item. i still have not gotten it. once i get it, i'll call for rage for a refund and update you all. this is just ridiculous. this will be my first android device too. just a bad experience for an ios user moving to android
  14. #14  

    Default Re: getting refund on shipping

    Don't let this experience, if you can, form your opinion of android, it's a great and flexible os. Google in my opinion did not anticipate this level of interest from people and hence not prrpared, although, that's no excuse.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: getting refund on shipping

    I had requested a refund on 12/3, after my phone had shown "shipped" for 3 days. I mostly wanted a response out of Google to find out where the heck my phone was. It showed up yesterday and shortly after that there was an email from Google telling me that since I had my phone and since they had originally said 1-2 weeks for shipping they were not going to give me a refund for shipping. I am not going to give this anymore thought, the launch was messed oh well, hopefully next year when when we go through this all over again it will be better.
  16. #16  
    Citizen Coyote's Avatar

    Posts
    880 Posts
    ROM
    KK 4.4.2

    Default Re: getting refund on shipping

    Quote Originally Posted by bmolloy View Post
    I had requested a refund on 12/3, after my phone had shown "shipped" for 3 days. I mostly wanted a response out of Google to find out where the heck my phone was. It showed up yesterday and shortly after that there was an email from Google telling me that since I had my phone and since they had originally said 1-2 weeks for shipping they were not going to give me a refund for shipping. I am not going to give this anymore thought, the launch was messed oh well, hopefully next year when when we go through this all over again it will be better.
    How did you request the refund? Did you just email support from within Google Wallet or something?
  17. #17  

    Default Re: getting refund on shipping

    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Coyote View Post
    How did you request the refund? Did you just email support from within Google Wallet or something?
    Yes. I sent a supporte email through the play store.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: getting refund on shipping

    No use fighting for a refund . I tried and for every reason I gave they use the 1-2 week as a reason.

    I was charged on Nov 30 In full.

    I am giving up

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  19. #19  

    Default Re: getting refund on shipping

    When I was told my nexus was about to ship they also told me I will be refunded my shipping that was like a week and a half ago still waiting also been waiting week for my replacement nexus 4 I call and they say its processing I should get it soon customer service is just horrible
    Quote Originally Posted by jinjin12 View Post
    they charged us 14$ for 2 day shipping but they delivered it in 1 week. we are clearly entitled to a refund right?

    i was wondering if anyone called them for a refund yet and if so what did you say to get the refund. i want to know so when i call them for are refund, i won't get the work around and have to call several times...
  20. #20  

    Default Re: getting refund on shipping

    Just going to be honest, they will do everything in the power to keep your money. Its a war worth giving up on.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

    Default Re: getting refund on shipping

    Quote Originally Posted by Atheos View Post
    No use fighting for a refund . I tried and for every reason I gave they use the 1-2 week as a reason.

    I was charged on Nov 30 In full.

    I am giving up

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    yea i kinda figured....once my item arrives, i'll try it anyway, just to see. damn google.

Similar Threads

  1. getting wifi on cruise ship
    By angman619 in forum Droid Bionic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-11-2012, 10:46 PM
  2. How do I get NOTIFICATION on FOURSQUARE?
    By rossini in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 10:42 PM
  3. Who else is getting their DX shipped on August 3rd?
    By sweetsmuckers in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 07-27-2010, 05:24 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 07:06 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-22-2010, 10:42 AM

Posting Permissions

B