Transfer number from SIM to microSIM

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I currently have a ST SIM card that I totally effed up whenever I tried to cut it into a MicroSIM card. Is there a way to transfer the number from my old SIM card to a new MicroSIM?

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Your phone number is usually not attached to the sim, but rather the sim is attached to your phone number.

When you sign up for service, they give you a number and then register the sim to your account. There may be data on the sim that includes the phone number, but you should be able to go into a store and tell them that you need a new microsim. They will register it to your account and deactivate the old sim.

I have done it numerous times on at&t but your carrier may vary on their policies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Just FYI for anyone who may need this information later changing your number from one SIM to another SIM can be done on the website. The straight talk site is misleading because it asks for the Serial#/MEID of your new phone but what it actually wants is the new SIM number. I put the new SIM number in the MEID/Serial # space and everything is rocking.