Play Store sold out again?

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Google may lose a sale from me. Not over boycotting, over the fact they are giving me too much time to think.

I ordered December 4th, haven't heard a thing since. Never been known for being a patient person and I hated my current HTC Vivid, so I went to the AT&T store to look into buying either a One X plus, optimus G, or Galaxy s3. I came to the conclusion all 3 were fantastic but at $550, I didn't wanna pay $200 more than the Nexus 4 so I tried to place 2 more orders hoping I'd luck out and get shipping right away. That didn't pan out so I faced the reality that I need to just do what it takes to try and like my current phone.

And sadly that's what's happening. I shed the otterbox and ordered a clear tpu case for it and put a new rom on, this time all stock, with only tweaks affecting battery life and performance (WCX experience). I'm finding how nice this phone is and starting to realize sense isn't so bad now that I'm not doing everything in my power to kill it. And build quality has always been top notch on this thing.

Now I'm debating if waiting is even worth my time. Had Google been able to ship me a phone right away, they'd have a sale from me for sure, but now I dunno. And 4.2 is terrible, I got it on my Nexus 7 its about the quality of an alpha build of cyanogenmod. You know it's bad when my ics 4.03 with sense 3.6 phone is smoother and more buttery than my Nexus 7!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

pitchersduel

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
was planning on getting this phone around christmas...now i'm thinking it wont be avail until like february. google must not care about getting holiday sales

pitchersduel

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
releasing the phone beginning of november isnt holiday sales...after thanksgiving sure...essentially they were "sold out" within an hour...then it took them weeks to re-stock. when they did open up again sold out very fast and no word when they might re sell.

its simple, LOTS and LOTS of people are left not getting this phone...sure lots of orders were placed...but i'd venture to guess apple would have had plenty more in stock and would be taking orders even if they were out.

instead google just shows "sold out" not even allowing people to get an order in.

its silly, and was handled poorly. i do have hope i will get this phone eventually...still i was planning on early january...but looks like i might not be able to even order by then. thats terrible.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Its stupid they are releasing in more countries when the countries which it is released in can't even get stock and hasn't seen stock since 20 minutes after the initial release!!

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Its stupid they are releasing in more countries when the countries which it is released in can't even get stock and hasn't seen stock since 20 minutes after the initial release!!

That's what I said, it's like it's a publicity stunt to gain more traction.
It's not like you have 8 weeks of backorders to full fill or anything.... Oh now you have 8 weeks in other countries too? You didn't expect that at ALL

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Google should stop all sales now and catch up. Get the supply they need to fulfill current orders, and stop creating new ones they can't fulfill. Really is ridiculous there are still people from the 13th waiting, they should of never went on sale again until those were fulfilled.

Makes me wonder how long I'll wait. I'm scheduled for shipment on the evening of January 15th, but based on other orders, I doubt they make it.

Why am I paying for 2 day shipping? Imo 2 day shipping means I get it 2 days after I place my order not 6 to 7 weeks.

pitchersduel

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Google should stop all sales now and catch up. Get the supply they need to fulfill current orders, and stop creating new ones they can't fulfill. Really is ridiculous there are still people from the 13th waiting, they should of never went on sale again until those were fulfilled.

Makes me wonder how long I'll wait. I'm scheduled for shipment on the evening of January 15th, but based on other orders, I doubt they make it.

Why am I paying for 2 day shipping? Imo 2 day shipping means I get it 2 days after I place my order not 6 to 7 weeks.

despite my previous post...i'm actually in favor of this, if they were upfront about that and made an announcement saying as such. just release exactly what you said: "sorry this has been a hassle, we've made the decision to stop taking orders until all orders placed are fulfilled. while we take care of those, we will be stocking up on new nexus for the next round of ordering". simple as that, might not please everyone...but personally, i'd rather hear that than nothing at all as has been the case.

granted i think even easier would to be taking orders now and wait-listing people...seems like they should be able to create a system to that fairly easy.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
despite my previous post...i'm actually in favor of this, if they were upfront about that and made an announcement saying as such. just release exactly what you said: "sorry this has been a hassle, we've made the decision to stop taking orders until all orders placed are fulfilled. while we take care of those, we will be stocking up on new nexus for the next round of ordering". simple as that, might not please everyone...but personally, i'd rather hear that than nothing at all as has been the case.

granted i think even easier would to be taking orders now and wait-listing people...seems like they should be able to create a system to that fairly easy.

Why would they stop taking orders? If they stop now and then resume later, they will still get a huge wait list to start making Nexus 4. This might be a solution to them ing up and having them give Nexus 4 to those who ordered in December

pitchersduel

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
havent they essentially stopped taking orders at this point? the play store says both are sold out...you cant even order one. so its not like its any different. instead now you have the people who want to order one checking the site everyday hoping they can even buy one.

i think the moral of the story is....google needs to take a step back, get their stuff together...then when ready open up for more ordering. i know i was hoping, and others posted after the launch and them being sold out 20 min...that after having to wait google would be more prepared for the next launch. well that didnt happen. obviously no one is sure who is to blame, is it LG for not manufacturing enough? is it google for not being ready to handle the demand? is it a bit of both? probably.

either way....it reflects poorly on google. its their baby, and they have botched it.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
They have... In the us. But the that's the US, they typically are opening more orders in other countries every week. I can't speak for the rest of the world, but it's a hassle globally. Google got caught with their pants down.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty