My Nexus 4 is Dead !!!

HNH992

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I've just received my Nexus 4 today.
I tried the phone and it was working great. So, I decided to root the phone.

I installed the drivers, unlocked the bootloader and rebooted the phone without any problem, but I noticed something strange, when I installed the usb drivers, I couldn't browse of transfer files to my phone, I thought it was just a bug and I said I would remove the usb drivers after rooting the phone.

After unlocking the bootloader and rebooting the phone, I powered off my phone, but it doesn't want to boot again.
All I did is unlocking the bootloader, I didn't root or flashed any rom or the supersu yet.

Anyway, after several times of pressing the power button and the volumes button, it booted again into the fastboot, and the first thing I did is re-locking the bootloader in case I can replace my phone if there is any problem with it.
I rebooted it after re-locking the bootloader, and it worked again.

For some reasons I decided to reboot my phone, and I did it while it was plugged to my PC.
Now the same problem happened, it doesn't want to run again. I tried every button combination (Power button for 30 secs) (Power + Volume Up) (Power + Volume Down) (Power + Vol Up + Vol Down). Nothing worked. It's completely dead.

It's not completely turned off because when I plug it to my PC, a new devices appears in the device manager but there is no driver for it.
Also, when I press the power button for 30 seconds while it's plugged to the PC, a red led light appears for few seconds and it disappears again.

I figured out that the problem happens when I reboot the phone while it's plugged to PC.

Now the phone is dead, and doesn't want to boot again.

What should I do? please help.

P.S: The battery was 100% charged when the problem happened.

willdogs

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I know you said the phone was fully charged, but I would plug it into the wall charger for half hour anyway. Just for the hell of it. What else do you have to lose?
I'm thinking that all the tinkering you did ran the batter battery down quicker than you thought or the batt calibration is messed up.

The red light you saw may be an indication of low/depleted battery.

Try it

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Order a replacement and next time don't bother with unlocking the BL or rooting. You're not the first person this has happened to.

HNH992

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I know you said the phone was fully charged, but I would plug it into the wall charger for half hour anyway. Just for the hell of it. What else do you have to lose?
I'm thinking that all the tinkering you did ran the batter battery down quicker than you thought or the batt calibration is messed up.

The red light you saw may be an indication of low/depleted battery.

Try it

Thank you very much. It worked.
I charged it for 15 minutes, then pressed power button + vol up + vol down simultaneously, and it worked.
The battery is still fully charged, so I don't think it was depleted.
How can I re-calibrate the battery stats?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Glad to hear it worked out for you OP.

Sorry a few people here didn't respond appropriately with solid answers but only to poke fun at you.

Good luck.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Personally if it was mine, I would be on the verge of tears... its so beautiful.
Was it a waiting game for it to work or did you have to access it thought the pc?

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Sorry a few people here didn't respond appropriately with solid answers but only to poke fun at you.

Good luck.

Don't be such a party pooper

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

HNH992

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Good luck.

Thanks MOD.
No need to apologize.

Personally if it was mine, I would be on the verge of tears... its so beautiful.
Was it a waiting game for it to work or did you have to access it thought the pc?

I was very sad because I waited 1 month to get it.
It was completely dead, no sign of living. I thought I lost it forever.

Don't be such a party pooper

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

You can sleep with whatever you want, but don't sleep with Nokia 3310 or you will have serious injuries.