Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 50
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default the back of my nexus 4

    The back of it does not have all the sparkle that everyone has. Is this just my phone or is this with all the phones that shipped today
  2. #2  

    Default Re: the back of my nexus 4

    Probably a stupid question, but did you remove the protective clear plastic that it's shipped with?
  3. #3  

    Default Re: the back of my nexus 4

    post a pic. even with the protective clear, you can't miss the effect. double check it a brightly lit room or outside light and look at angles and you'll see it.

    ... unless they changed the back of the glass due to some of the reported cracking?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    The back of it does not have all the sparkle that everyone has. Is this just my phone or is this with all the phones that shipped today
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: the back of my nexus 4

    I thought that it might have something to so with the protective but it doesn't they still have a small effect but it isn't noticeable
    In using it now, I'll send it when I get on a computer

    It also didn't have the original orange go you slide the other box out of. It just have the taped box if u guys have any idea what ik talking about lol.
    Nevermind. It wa stuck in tge shipping box
    Last edited by Hubertsng; 12-31-2012 at 11:19 AM.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: the back of my nexus 4

    It's only visible from certain angles, and it's pretty underwhelming in real life.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    It's only visible from certain angles, and it's pretty underwhelming in real life.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    I know, I've seen videos on it but I can't see it. Was looking for a good minute
  7. #7  

    Default Re: the back of my nexus 4

    put it under a lamp.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minnemike View Post
    put it under a lamp.
    Not that stupid, its still pretty obvious without that much light. All I see is the reflecting of my window. I repeat, it isn't there.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: the back of my nexus 4

    Does it look like this?



    If so...I'm sorry.

    From this article (which says nothing about the odd back pictured)
    Another new wave of Nexus 4s shipping | Android Central

    I've searched and searched but can find no info on anything about a plain black N4 being shipped out.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: the back of my nexus 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Basscase View Post
    Does it look like this?

    http://hr-pulsesubscriber.appspot.co...s-4-back_2.jpg

    If so...I'm sorry.

    From this article (which says nothing about the odd back pictured)
    Another new wave of Nexus 4s shipping | Android Central
    What's up with the back of that? Definitely no sparkle there.
    bobjohnson201 likes this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: the back of my nexus 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Basscase View Post
    Does it look like this?

    http://hr-pulsesubscriber.appspot.co...s-4-back_2.jpg

    If so...I'm sorry.

    From this article (which says nothing about the odd back pictured)
    Another new wave of Nexus 4s shipping | Android Central
    If they did a new back that is shatter proof then I'm all for it, mine due to arrive today, I'll be sure to inspect mine when it arrives and post back.
    The Practical BBQ'r !
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: the back of my nexus 4

    Quote Originally Posted by AbuYazeedUK View Post
    What's up with the back of that? Definitely no sparkle there.
    Thats what im saying lol. Ugh, well that sucks. Ill go read the article and see it

    Edit: oh, its just that article. Thoight it was on the plain back.

    Sent from my Nexus 4
  13. #13  
    m3lover1's Avatar

    Posts
    132 Posts
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: the back of my nexus 4

    That is odd. Interested to see if it is true that there are more reg glass backs
    Sony Ericsson K790a | Palm Treo 650 | Apple iPhone | Apple iPhone 3G | Apple iPhone 3GS | HTC EVO 4G | Samsung Epic 4G | HTC EVO 3D | HTC EVO 4G LTE | Apple iPhone 5 | LG Nexus 4 | Sony Xperia Z | HTC One | LG G2 | Sony Xperia Z1 | LG Nexus 5
  14. #14  

    Default Re: the back of my nexus 4

    On the bright side, at least you won't have to worry about cracking it.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: the back of my nexus 4

    Quote Originally Posted by AuntieJimbo View Post
    On the bright side, at least you won't have to worry about cracking it.
    No. It's still crackable I think. The only difference is that it took to long to make it look awesome so they stopped...
  16. #16  

    Default Re: the back of my nexus 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    The back of it does not have all the sparkle that everyone has. Is this just my phone or is this with all the phones that shipped today
    UPS just delivered my Nexus 4, yeah to me! The back of mine sparkles quite well, sorry friend..
    The Practical BBQ'r !
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: the back of my nexus 4

    Quote Originally Posted by mawil1013 View Post
    UPS just delivered my Nexus 4, yeah to me! The back of mine sparkles quite well, sorry friend..
    Yeah, i'm going to call them! I am furious! (not really, I just want my Nexus 4 to sparkle and retain more value over period of time)
  18. #18  

    Default Re: the back of my nexus 4

    I won't lie, it's not nearly as pretty. Heck, it's not even slightly as pretty as it should be. I'd definitely call. I assure you, I'd be on the phone (my other phone) immediately if mine didn't sparkle.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

    Default Re: the back of my nexus 4

    It's not pretty at all! lol, you kidding me? Well I just phoned them at Tim I think his name was? (Tim Cook? :O) but anyways i asked if i could have a replacement device because I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen. He put me up for one because I think that's not normal...? Maybe mine was manufactured wrong :/
  20. #20  

    Default Re: the back of my nexus 4

    Look on the bright side...maybe it's a super rare original dev phone worth some $$$!

    Either way, it appears to be VERY rare. Until we hear otherwise.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: the back of my nexus 4

    in certain lighting there is no sparkle. Even then it wont sparkle like you see in the pictures. Its supposed to be somewhat subtle.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

    Default Re: the back of my nexus 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Basscase View Post
    Look on the bright side...maybe it's a super rare original dev phone worth some $$$!

    Either way, it appears to be VERY rare. Until we hear otherwise.
    God dammit >.> If it was I would be so pissed lol.
    Well deficiencies are very rare but it doesn't mean it's any good. For example my Nexus 4 arrives crushed and in half, that's pretty rare isn't it? But it isn't good either lol.
    There are no other instances of this on the internet that I see but it's early on in the day with the second wave still arriving.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by mazzmoney95 View Post
    in certain lighting there is no sparkle. Even then it wont sparkle like you see in the pictures. Its supposed to be somewhat subtle.
    There is NO sparkle. When you look in the light, all you see is the reflection on the glass and you see small dots but they aren't alight.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: the back of my nexus 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    God dammit >.> If it was I would be so pissed lol.
    Well deficiencies are very rare but it doesn't mean it's any good. For example my Nexus 4 arrives crushed and in half, that's pretty rare isn't it? But it isn't good either lol.
    There are no other instances of this on the internet that I see but it's early on in the day with the second wave still arriving.
    Ummmm...I'd take a flat black backed N4 over a snapped in half one.

    Maybe I just like being...unique.
    Thanked by:
  24. #24  
    damo's Avatar
    #teamandroid

    Posts
    174 Posts
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts

    Default Re: the back of my nexus 4

    Why not post a pic so that we can all see?



    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  25. #25  

    Default Re: the back of my nexus 4

    Here's pic of my Nexus 4 - 16 GB, ordered Nov. 30th, arrived today, is yours 8 or 16 GB?

    The Practical BBQ'r !
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Did the back of my nexus 7 melt or...?
    By chinkyizza in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-11-2012, 05:23 AM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 10:51 PM
  3. An INCREDIBLE Day in the Life of My Incredible
    By JimB in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-06-2010, 05:39 PM
  4. Sticker on the back of Droid
    By Jtdroid in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-20-2010, 11:16 PM
  5. The error of my ways............
    By crowordove in forum HTC Hero
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-25-2010, 12:03 PM

Posting Permissions

B