When I touch my apps the phone does not vibrate

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Check to see if "Vibrate on touch" is checked under Sound in the Settings menu. There may be other haptic feedback settings hiding in Settings somewhere you can toy with, too.

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Ye I checked already.. nothing, any other possibility ?
I must say I was holding my phone and accidentally it sliced from my hands and hit my desk.. Hope is not that the problem, but there is a rattle I can here when I shake it..
And I add, when I press the menu button or I type something I can feel the vibration.

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Is not that I wanted it, the phone is new and after it hit the desk I felt really bad! So I wanted to make sure that it was a normal thing.. And what about the rattle?

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
It's not a problem, it's just the way the mechanism is made. Lots of phones behave this way.

Went to the shop and I complained.. They said it was normal, but it wasn't an autofocus problem, I tested it and it was something moving inside, but anyways they exchanged it with a new one! The rattle is gone and I must say the seemed really unhappy!

jensenng

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, I couldn't find any haptic feedback setting... I just don't want my phone to vibrate when typing. I turned vibration on touch off, no vibration when gaming or browsing but it is on for typing. Anyway to turn it off too?

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I couldn't find any haptic feedback setting... I just don't want my phone to vibrate when typing. I turned vibration on touch off, no vibration when gaming or browsing but it is on for typing. Anyway to turn it off too?

Settings > Language & Input > Android keyboard (AOSP) Settings > Vibrate on keypress​

Assuming you're using the stock 4.2 keyboard, that should be what you're looking for. ;)