Nexus 4 Best Apps [28Dec - Xposed Framework, Gravity Box, XblastTools & AppOpsXposed]

pmdubey

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nexus 4 Best Apps [19Feb]

I found (amongst free) these very useful:

Bluetooth file transfer(works well on 4.2.1 as well as 4.2.2)
Fx file browser with root plugin.
Multiling Keyboard-donation ware- esp for asian languages.

Pankaj

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

Added Bluetooth File Transfer, File Explorer
Snapdragon Battery Guru (Possibly MASSIVE app)
Also added link to find dashclock extensions such as Whatsapp, Twitter etc.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

wow. just found this app on the list

Lock Screen Notifications Widget - Display, read and access all your notifications straight from your lockscreen. Also configurable to light up everytime you receive a notification.

these are the two popular request iPhone converts ask now, notification on lock screen and light up. seems like a useful app for iPhone converts

oldtimer42

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site

Battery Widget Reborn provides great battery monitoring, quick access to wifi control, network sync, bluetooth, refresh, night mode and silent mode. Helps manually manage battery stats. Have been running this since I got my nexus 4. Now also trying Snapdragon Battery Guru.

Mark Brough

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site

It's fairly reliable (sometimes the charting stalls and doesn't chart the current situation, and its calculation of charge/discharge rate is ambiguous) and the information it presents is spread all around the place. But it's very helpful and certainly looks good.

Do you know of anything as good which also records data/charting history through a restart?

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 4 Best Apps

Added Battery Widget Reborn Beta and Lux Lite

Removed SwiftKey Flow Beta as the beta has now ended and features are now available in Swiftkey 4

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

wow. just found this app on the list

Lock Screen Notifications Widget - Display, read and access all your notifications straight from your lockscreen. Also configurable to light up everytime you receive a notification.

these are the two popular request iPhone converts ask now, notification on lock screen and light up. seems like a useful app for iPhone converts

Perhaps I'm not fully understanding your/their request, but Lightflow will give you your sound/vibrate/LED notification and you have always been able to swipe down the notification bar on the lockscreen.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

Just a few I off the top of my head that are "missing."
Free -
Chrome to Phone - Sends whatever you want from your Chrome browser to your device(s)
Paypass locator (to find gWallet terminals)
Gas Buddy (find the closest and/or cheapest gas stations)
Zipthemer (easily create or package mods/themes into a flashable zip)
Key Ring (load up all your member cards to your device to clean up your key ring or wallet...gets some amazed looks combined with paying by gwallet lol)
Beer Free (awesome if you're into your beer)
Free (flashable zip)
DSP manager (blows all EQs out of the water and works at the system level...aka any sound coming out of your device is modified)
Paid
SD Maid Pro (file explorer, app/system cleaner, etc)
NetQ (best Netflix DVD queue (and instant) manager I've found after Netflix changed their APIs)
Droidmote (control other devices with your smartphone/tablet...use this to control my mini pc...works great).

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Perhaps I'm not fully understanding your/their request, but Lightflow will give you your sound/vibrate/LED notification and you have always been able to swipe down the notification bar on the lockscreen.
in iphone when a notification comes
1. you can see the message without unlocking the device
2. the whole screen wakes up not just the LED light

that's what this app will do

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

in iphone when a notification comes
1. you can see the message without unlocking the device
2. the whole screen wakes up not just the LED light

that's what this app will do

Ok, got ya. Well Lightflow will do that too and has been around forever. No matter, just saying. I keep those options unchecked as I see it as a minor battery drain without any payoff. I know exactly what type of notification it is by the LED/sound/vibration. IIRC you still have to turn on the screen via power on an iPhone? I don't have to unlock my phone to see any of my notifications. Just power and swipe down the notification bar on the lockscreen. Know what I mean? You could set lightflow to literally turn on the screen for notifications.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Ok, got ya. Well Lightflow will do that too and has been around forever. No matter, just saying. I keep those options unchecked as I see it as a minor battery drain without any payoff. I know exactly what type of notification it is by the LED/sound/vibration. IIRC you still have to turn on the screen via power on an iPhone? I don't have to unlock my phone to see any of my notifications. Just swipe down the notification bar on the lockscreen. Know what I mean? You could set lightflow to literally turn on the screen for notifications.
ha, I see what you are saying about waking up. i see the settings now in light flow lite.
although I am not sure if it can display notification message in lockscreen

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

Free -
Chrome to Phone - Sends whatever you want from your Chrome browser to your device(s)
Key Ring (load up all your member cards to your device to clean up your key ring or wallet...gets some amazed looks combined with paying by gwallet lol)
Free (flashable zip)
DSP manager (blows all EQs out of the water and works at the system level...aka any sound coming out of your device is modified)
Paid
NetQ (best Netflix DVD queue (and instant) manager I've found after Netflix changed their APIs)
Droidmote (control other devices with your smartphone/tablet...use this to control my mini pc...works great).

Dashclock.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

ha, I see what you are saying about waking up. i see the settings now in light flow lite.
although I am not sure if it can display notification message in lockscreen

Thanks Ill have a look at them apps tomorrow..

Lockscreen Notifications displays all your notifications as a lockscreen widget so you dont have to swipe down the status bar. LightFlow flashes different LED colours depending on the notification. Essentially both apps allow you to recognise which notifications are worth attending to and which arent, albeit in a different way. Lockscreen Notifications and LightFlow both allow for the screen to turn on when a notification is received. Personally I would go for the dashclock widget with Lightflow and a custom ROM to make sure the dashclock widget is always expanded on the lockscreen.

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

Free -
Free (flashable zip)
Paid
Could you tell me how chrome to phone is different from syncing chrome on your phone and desktop and can you tell me the difference between droidmote client and droidmote server

Could you also please link me to paypass, gas buddy, free? and netq please. Cant seem to find them. I guess DSP manager is PlayerPro DSP pack now?

Thanks

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Could you tell me how chrome to phone is different from syncing chrome on your phone and desktop and can you tell me the difference between droidmote client and droidmote server

Could you also please link me to paypass, gas buddy, free? and netq please. Cant seem to find them. I guess DSP manager is PlayerPro DSP pack now?

Thanks

I would ignore Chrome to Phone. its for Android version 2.x-3.x since chrome is not available for android below 4.0
does pretty much the same.

spile1

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site

MyPhoneExplorer
Good Beer Guide*
FlightRadar 24*
NFC Task Launcher
Power Toggles
Sygic Sat Nav*

* Paid for version