Nexus 4 Best Apps [28Dec - Xposed Framework, Gravity Box, XblastTools & AppOpsXposed]

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 4 Best Apps [21Mar - Google Keep]

What problems are people having?

I am not saying people are having problem but they might end up having more problems since App Ops is still not ready yet.
there is a reason why Google didn't announce or detail this feature in Android.com.
I think Google meant this feature for KLP, just like multi-user feature in 4.0 & 4.1.2(was hidden and can be activated) but only made it to 4.2 officially.

Multiple User Accounts Are Coming To Android: Miles Of Code Is Already In AOSP, And Some Of It Is Quietly Working On Devices Right Now

http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-10-tablet/302535-4-3-app-ops-problem.html

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

I would stay away from this app for now. Its half baked and would end up having more trouble than being useful

Neither myself nor my wife are having problems. It's not even an app, really, it presents a shortcut to the App Ops (yes, not final but yes, working) feature of Android 4.3

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

ActiveNotifications - Screen turns on when notification is received and displays information about the notification. User can either attend to or leave the notification. Features include screen not lighting up when inside pockets, purses, etc.

dorblayzer

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

Timely Alarm Clock - Timely is the beautiful Alarm Clock for Android, featuring a stunning user experience and revolutionary cloud integration to backup and synchronize your alarms with multiple devices.

Crisdean

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nexus 4 Best Apps

As a soon new Android user many thanks for the effort. I do appreciate this so it saves me time surfing the web for some apps.

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

Rooted Apps:

Xposed Framework - Allows users to make changes at system level by activating modules that allow for extra options/customization without having to flash a ROM.

GravityBox, XblastTools - Popular Xposed modules with a ton of features including statusbar, lockscreen, navigation and other phone tweaks.

AppOpsXposed - Xposed module that restores AppOps functionality on Android 4.4.2

net62957

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site

Great thread...............! If you put together a list of apps to manage your rooted Nexus 4 what would be on your short list? I just unlocked and rooted mine and was looking at some options. A lot of the apps have duplicate features and I was looking to install the most efficient ones. Thanks.

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

Great thread...............! If you put together a list of apps to manage your rooted Nexus 4 what would be on your short list? I just unlocked and rooted mine and was looking at some options. A lot of the apps have duplicate features and I was looking to install the most efficient ones. Thanks.

I would say Titanium Backup is a must for any rooted device. Greenify is extremely useful as it safely hibernates apps that you are not using but always seem to run in the background. Trickster Mod is also essential if you want to mess with kernel settings etc. It is non specific like the other apps that are made just for a specific kernel so can be used with pretty much any kernel. Goo manager is useful if you like flashing roms as most are available on goo. Xposed Framework is becoming extremely popular as we can run stock and choose exactly what features we want without having to flash roms that may have excess features we are not interested in.

Also, you may find many of your existing apps will become for functional with root access such as ES file explorer which is useful if you need to get into system files.

net62957

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site

I would say Titanium Backup is a must for any rooted device. Greenify is extremely useful as it safely hibernates apps that you are not using but always seem to run in the background. Trickster Mod is also essential if you want to mess with kernel settings etc. It is non specific like the other apps that are made just for a specific kernel so can be used with pretty much any kernel. Goo manager is useful if you like flashing roms as most are available on goo. Xposed Framework is becoming extremely popular as we can run stock and choose exactly what features we want without having to flash roms that may have excess features we are not interested in.

Also, you may find many of your existing apps will become for functional with root access such as ES file explorer which is useful if you need to get into system files.

Thanks for your selections. I'm looking forward to learning the procedures. Right now it's information gathering mode. Again, thanks.

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
About Xposed, will any of the mods used with that app hinder OTA updates? Is there a simple way to return the modifications made back to stock just in case it does hinder the OTA process?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

net62957

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site

Rooted Apps:

Xposed Framework - Allows users to make changes at system level by activating modules that allow for extra options/customization without having to flash a ROM.

GravityBox, XblastTools - Popular Xposed modules with a ton of features including statusbar, lockscreen, navigation and other phone tweaks.

AppOpsXposed - Xposed module that restores AppOps functionality on Android 4.4.2

I installed Xposed Framework and have been playing around with a handful of the modules...........Xblast Tools, GravityBox, and XuiMod. There's a ton of customization in those three mods. Thanks for the heads up!

Ovu85

May 14, 2014
Visit site

i'm rooted with Purity kk rom. It doesn't have a setting to wake the screen when sms/notifications arrived.
What lite app can i use to do that? thanks!