Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: 4.2.2 and battery life

Mine dropped to 80% after six hours with 6 minutes of screen time. It usually drops 3-4% the first 5 minutes after unplugging from the charger. I reset the phone without downloading anything and left it sitting over night at 68%. Woke up and it wouldn't turn on. Held the power button to get to to restart and it was at 48%. Not sure how losing 20% with nothing running but the phone is possible

Quote Originally Posted by NexusGirlX View Post
    Mine dropped to 80% after six hours with 6 minutes of screen time. It usually drops 3-4% the first 5 minutes after unplugging from the charger. I reset the phone without downloading anything and left it sitting over night at 68%. Woke up and it wouldn't turn on. Held the power button to get to to restart and it was at 48%. Not sure how losing 20% with nothing running but the phone is possible
    IMO, check the icon on the right of the home icon, it displays recent apps accessed, you may have apps running in the background. Simply swipe them off the list to remove. Also for all running the display at 100%...why as this is a battery drain. I'm running 4.2.1 still, I have my radio on 2G, works well with Google maps. I have also both the Phone Info - Test screen and the mobile network settings accessible on my recent apps so I can quickly toggle on or off the settings. I also have my Wi-fi connected. I'm at 66% and currently running the battery guru from Qualcomm.

Lately I've been using the charging Orb at work so I'm at 100% when I leave, using the N4 a lot in the evening, and then having 20%+ by the time I go to bed.

Last night I was a little under 30% when I "plugged it in" at 3am and slept. Around 9:15am I was doing some web browsing and texting with it still "plugged in" only to notice that I was down to about 20%. The plug was never fully plugged into my extension cord! Oops. Anyhow, it let me see a little how the battery behaves in the 4.2.2 world. I think the drop off would have been greater after 6 hours of idleness in 4.2.1.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4.2.2 and battery life-screenshot_2013-02-23-09-24-02.png  

Quote Originally Posted by royalpig180 View Post
    I found that disabling Google Now had a huge effect on my battery life. Night and day, like an extra hour of screen time.
    I tried running yesterday with it disabled but it didn't do anything for my battery life

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Wireless Gadget View Post
    IMO, check the icon on the right of the home icon, it displays recent apps accessed, you may have apps running in the background. Simply swipe them off the list to remove.
    This is a myth from iOS.

Quote Originally Posted by flowmaster9 View Post
    My battery life has improved significantly. I used to get ~3hrs on screen time. And the Maps bug is gone now (it used to be a battery hog despite disabling every single location reporting setting etc, and even if i didn't open Maps)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8369/8...3ea66091_z.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8371/8...0dd93b84_z.jpg
    What do you have your brightness set at?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Sent from my Moto X assembled in the USA!!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_nobody View Post
    This is a myth from iOS.

That's what I was thinking. I have the same apps running on my Nexus 4 that I do on my Nexus 7 and the 7 has the most amazing battery life of any device I have ever seen. I never close out apps in the recently used list. My Nexus 7 is the 32GB with cellular running on AT&T.

Something is running on the phone. You are running 4.2.2 right?
    Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2

Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    Something is running on the phone. You are running 4.2.2 right?
    Yes. I've removed everything except the most basic apps right now and will ad new ones one at a time till I figure it out.

Yes. I've removed everything except the most basic apps right now and will ad new ones one at a time till I figure it out.
    Good idea. Once I got 4.2.2 the % I lost over night went to practically nothing. I usually turn it off every night and get a fresh reboot every morning. I usually charged it when it was off until I just got my charging mat and have been topping it off here and there by laying the phone on the mat.
    Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2

ROM
    LiquidSmooth

I would recommend getting a good battery monitoring app such as BetterBatteryStats to monitor which apps are keeping your phone awake and using the most battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Mike 2145 View Post
    Problem with that is your phone has been idle a lot. You're barely using it. I would get that much too if I barely used it but I wanna hit 3+hrs screen on time a day at least without any problems or worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizy7 View Post
    I would recommend getting a good battery monitoring app such as BetterBatteryStats to monitor which apps are keeping your phone awake and using the most battery.
    I use GSAM battery monitor and its very helpful. Saw my battery draining a lot and being kept awake and checked GSAM and it told me Tapa talk was going crazy. Very helpful.

Ok, as of right now I'm at 10hrs overall since unplugging my phone before work, 1hr screen on time since I've been at work all day and its at 57% at the time of posting. I've just been instagramming, browsing, and using Tapatalk today nothing major. Been on data all day too. Would you guys classify that as good battery life? I don't think so..essentially its saying I've used my phone about 1% of my whole day (10hrs total, 1hr screen on) and yet it's about halfway gone. Maybe I shouldnt look at it like that but I can't imagine what itd be like on a more battery intensive day like during my school days. Normally at this time I'd have hit maybe 2.5hrs screen on and perhaps the battery would be about 20%. I dunno. I'll see how it is on a day where I'm not as busy.

EDIT: forgot to mention, also the major problem still persist. The idle time has never been the issue its watching this thing drain like crazy while in use. Brightness isn't high or anything but this thing drains QUICK while in use despite this 4.2.2 update. Oh well, if anything I'll probably just root and flash Franco again, this time keeping things stock.

So far, everything seems to be good with my battery since yesterday. 20hrs in on this charge and the battery is at 69% with one hour screen time. I added a few more apps that I know don't update in the background and I'll add a few more back on today.

I finished up with 20hrs, with 28% battery life but only roughly 2hrs screen on time. Idle time is amazing, but I would've loved to have seen the screen on time benefit more. Although I would get 3hrs screen on time with Franco and with about 12hrs+ screen on time, this is pretty good life as well I suppose. Will play around some more for the week and make a decision about switching kernels later.

4.2.2 and battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1361843844392.jpg4.2.2 and battery life-uploadfromtaptalk1361843854243.jpg

Hm...wish I could hit 3+ hrs more consistently like you guys, and with better overall time. 12hrs with 3hrs on time isn't horrible I guess.. might've squeezed out 15hrs overall if I used it about an hour less but hey, things happen. Its hard for me to accept others getting 5-6hrs on time per cycle and me not ever coming close to cracking that haha highest I've had is maybe 4 or right around 3.5

I just got my phone, got the 4.2.2 update right away, i was concerned about battery life, but after the first couple days I'm not worried at all anymore. I ate through the battery over the weekend cuz I just got it and had nothing else to do but play with it. ;-) but my first day back to work, im sitting on 14 and half hours on the batter with just under 4 hours of screen time and I've still got 20% battery left...I've had the wifi on all day as well...thats MORE than sufficient for me.

couldn't get more that 10 hours with moderate/light use on 4.2.1. now with 4.2.2 I am getting 2+ days with light to moderate use. amazing. like manna from smart phone heaven.

if anyone is having battery issues. to a master reset before you complain.

this thing is pure awesomeness.

do the update. do not hesitate.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by kevlarian View Post
    couldn't get more that 10 hours with moderate/light use on 4.2.1. now with 4.2.2 I am getting 2+ days with light to moderate use. amazing. like manna from smart phone heaven.

if anyone is having battery issues. to a master reset before you complain.

this thing is pure awesomeness.

do the update. do not hesitate.

+1 great battery improvement on both my nexus 4 and 10
    Like day and night

When I was updating to 4.2.2 I was coming from CM10.1 and had to wipe everything clean anyway to flash the factory images. Then I locked, unlocked the boot loaded which further wipes it, still got those times yesterday. I admit 20+hrs my first day but that was with 1hr on time which speaks more to the phones amazing idle time. Its fine though, I've backed up the stock kernel but flashed Franco r90 to see if there's an improvement or if its the same.

All of you guys are on stock ROM and stock kernel right? The ones getting great times..

Running CM 10.1 m2! 4.2.2 and franco kernel 97. Im quite happy with this! Sure it aint got the best screen on time but if it lasts me this long i can manage a lot of stuff with this.

But just for you guys, i had a little over 2 hours of screen on time. And I did all I would on this phone most of the time anyways.

I'm pretty excited with my N4
    Settings: wifi is permanently turned on, as well as GPS, screen is with auto adjustment option

Wow thats really impressive, going to really consider updating now.

do it. update it. battery life is amazing.

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    ROM
    Redemption ROM

Quote Originally Posted by mr_nobody View Post
    This is a myth from iOS.

That's a myth on iOS.

Anyways, I got the 4.2.2 update about three hours after I first booted up my N4. Battery life has exceeded my expectations - coming from the iPhone 4S, this is an improvement. Even in areas with low signal, the N4 seems to keep going. It's great.

I had an awesome battery day yesterday. 18hrs, just under 4 hrs screen time.
    Then today happened...
    Currently I am at 3hrs 30mns, 66% battery with 32mns screen time. I was at the gym for 2 of those hours so the phone just sat in my locker. Says screen is taking 56% of my battery and other stuff is all below 7%. My brightness is less than 20% on the slider
    Brutal...
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast