Phones Dies at night

jjt981

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have seen some people say that their phone will not wake up in the morning. The past two nights this has happened to me. The only way to wake the ohone up is by holding down the power button and restarting the phone. This morning when i did that it told me the battery was dead despite charging it all night, I thought that was odd so i reset the phone again and it told me the battery was charged.
Any ideas on if this sounds like an app or if i should call Google and get a replacement under warranty
Thanks

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't think anyone has figured this one out yet. It's not a rampant problem, but some people have it for sure. This is only a guess on my part, but I think it's going to be related to an app that a lot of people use. Something like liteflow or facebook. I think a certain app gets in a funky state sometimes and locks the phone up...a Jelly Bean thing. You might try rebooting the phone right before you go to bed. Whatever it is (I don't believe it's the phone), I think it will get cleared up as app developers release updates.

jjt981

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't think anyone has figured this one out yet. It's not a rampant problem, but some people have it for sure. This is only a guess on my part, but I think it's going to be related to an app that a lot of people use. Something like liteflow or facebook. I think a certain app gets in a funky state sometimes and locks the phone up...a Jelly Bean thing. You might try rebooting the phone right before you go to bed. Whatever it is (I don't believe it's the phone), I think it will get cleared up as app developers release updates.

that was my thought as well. If it continues on i will call google but for now ill keep looking into apps. thanks

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
You could try deleting most all your downloaded apps and run like that for a few days to see if stops occurring. That might sound too severe, or inconvenient, but it's what I would do if it was happening to my phone. If you scroll through your apps and take screen snapshots along the way, you'll have a record of what you had. Though it may not be ideal, I would think you could live with the Google calendar, the phones own notification methods, and for stuff like facebook, just use your browser instead of the app. I don't mean to pick on lightflow or facebook in particular, but I have a feeling it's going to be one of the apps like this that are constantly polling the phone and or the data world. Right now, there aren't enough JB devices out there to easily flush out a problem that occurs with some degree of randomness.

jjt981

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
You could try deleting most all your downloaded apps and run like that for a few days to see if stops occurring. That might sound too severe, or inconvenient, but it's what I would do if it was happening to my phone. If you scroll through your apps and take screen snapshots along the way, you'll have a record of what you had. Though it may not be ideal, I would think you could live with the Google calendar, the phones own notification methods, and for stuff like facebook, just use your browser instead of the app. I don't mean to pick on lightflow or facebook in particular, but I have a feeling it's going to be one of the apps like this that are constantly polling the phone and or the data world. Right now, there aren't enough JB devices out there to easily flush out a problem that occurs with some degree of randomness.
Yea i have deleted the apps that updated recently, it happened a couple weeks ago then was fine until 2 nights ago, so i guess I will see.

schemula

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Happened to me twice this week.

I'm missing alarms and text messages over this.

No idea what yet. What is troubling though is, I briefly had an LG G2X that would freak, overheat and shut down too. So, two LG phones that shut off. I've had two HTC phones that never shut down.

J T M

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I was having a similar issue, where i would plug my phone in before bed, only to wake up and find it left with about 60% battery left, or less. In my case, i think it was the charger/cable that came with my N4. I started to plug it in at night using the charger from my N7, and haven't had a single issue since i made the switch.

jjt981

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I was having a similar issue, where i would plug my phone in before bed, only to wake up and find it left with about 60% battery left, or less. In my case, i think it was the charger/cable that came with my N4. I started to plug it in at night using the charger from my N7, and haven't had a single issue since i made the switch.
My phone is charged when I turn it back on, just not on, Not sure probably a weird software thing