albums in Gallery View - was there a recent change?

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
This is more of a general Android question and not specific to N4, but...

The oldest photos in my gallery used to be groups in large albums of 150 or so photos each (i.e. "Instant Uploads 3/3/2011 - 7/3/2011").

Now all the photos are broken into album by day. As a result I have many many more albums, which makes it more annoying to find certain things.

Was this some new/recent view change that rolled out or did I click something to cause this?

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
on the top left of gallery where it says Times. click and select Album.

I already have it set to Albums.

If I change it to Times then the sorting changes. i.e.

By Time includes "July 13 - 16, 2011" (18 photos)
By Album includes "2011/7/16" (12 photos) and "2011/07/13" (6 photos)

Do you still have older albums that have 100+ photos in it and not broken up by day?

wx27

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I've heard on another site that a recent change has caused all instant upload photos to be grouped by date and there isn't a setting yet to not do that.

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

CaptVideo69

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
There was a recent change and so far it seems we have no control over it. This is a Google change that decreases the usefulness of the application - I don't like it either. I think our only option is to "hide" Gallery and look for an app that allows us to organize our photos as we see fit, not to make it easy for Google to draw us into some money making scheme for them.

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
This is why I haven't used the stock gallery app on android in probably 3 years. don't even think I've opened it. I think it is truly one of the worst apps on the android platform.

there are a ton of gallery type apps, but the one I personally use is quickpic. Small, fast, lets me organize things how I want, and the nicest thing is that it doesn't include *any* of the cloud based folders in Picasa/Google+. That may be the biggest feature it has.

Eric Mazariegos

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
This is such an annoying change. I actually don't mind the new albums and all because it gives a more detailed view of my picture history but the albums themselves are sorted in reverse... And some pictures don't even show up in my gallery... Too bad, I will still use the app but this just sucks...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty