Nexus 4 Bumper fit and finish issues?

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
This question is towards members who ha e a nexus 4, but also more specifically the nexus 4 with the official bumper case.

I've noticed recently my phone seems to have a slightly bigger curve dip towards the end of the bezel on the left side compared to the right end of the bezel. This is pretty slight, and it probaly shouldn't bother me, but it's just a tad weird feeling when I'm swiping all the way to the left of the screen. It could be a issue with the bumper because it's only noticeable to me with the bumper on, so maybe their a bumper fit issue on that side.
Anyways, anyone else kind of notice this?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I changed the title of the thread so people can see what it's about at a glance.

I have not noticed this with my Nexus 4 and official bumper.

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes I think the right side sits better on the phone than the left side. Tbh for me the bumper was a waste of money.. It just made my phone huge and didnt add much protection.

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I HATED the official bumper and I knew from watching videos that I shouldn't have wasted my money on it. It hads too much width to the phone in my opinion. Just look at the way it fits the phone. Makes it much wider and the tradeoff for it being "official" and its looks just didn't match for up. Also, the (I guess metal) material makes the phone hard to grip for me so not only was I struggling to hold the thing with one had, it would slip off my hands sometimes. I prefer a more "rubber" finish I for cases I suppose, like the rubber on the Nexus 4 itself. It makes it easy to grip and hold. The poetic bumper case fits MUCH better than the official one, but be warned because those guys have quality issues. Mine came apart after just a few days of use.

Other than those two, I do not see a lot of good bumpers on Amazon that fit the phone perfect without adding bulk to it, yet also LOOK good and FEEL good in the hand. Actually, those were the only two bumpers I had seen on amazon anyway.

BUT the ringke fusion case is pretty good so far. Amazon.com: [Black] Google Nexus 4 Ringke [Fusion] The Best Selling Premium Hybrid Hard Case [Eco Package]: Cell Phones & Accessories. At first I didnt like the finish on the sides but i'm use to it now. The buttons are very responsive, maybe even too responsive at times, and it has a clear back so you can still show off that Nexus 4 design. It also doesn't add a ton of bulk to the phone. Maybe a little bit, but not much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty