I'm done. Too many issues, even after the March update.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I also think the issues are exaggerated and many times caused by the users. I simply don't believe that quality control could be that bad where some devices don't have any network, wifi and bluetooth connectivity issues, while others are unusable. Now, before some of you get all upset, hear me out. I'm not implying it is really your fault or on purpose. Of course, there are always some "lemons" out there and that is horrible when it happens, and they need to take care of you.

This is just my experience. Long ago, with a Moto device (I think a Droid Charge), before the Pixel line even came out, I had one that had similar problems. I got a replacement device and used a backup of the prior one, with all the same apps, and guess what, the new device had the same problems. I then wiped the new device, and started from scratch, not allowing anything from the prior device to be restored. Added every single app, one at a time, set up every email account one at a time. After each app I added I made sure there were no issues.

My experience as an "old IT guy" going as far back to my old Droid devices, is that many of these problems being reported are the result of rogue apps (especially social media, FB in particular), too many apps running in the background, and problems carried over from backups added to backups. If I set the devices up from scratch, I never have the problems many are reporting. The only exception was one of the old Droids couldn't hold a signal and it was admitted it had a crappy antenna.

My only gripes with my P6P was that it took Google and/or Verizon forever to activate C-band, and the update glitches in December and March.

Am in total agreement with you. I do conclude setting up as a new device is an ideal way to go instead of restoring from backup. I even install updates first and then factory reset before configuring the new phone. My P6P has no issues as of now.

Last edited:

subguy812

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Sure glad I didn't get rid of my P6P yet.

On My S22U, I am having USB-C issues with my Android Auto, and have swapped multiple short cables. I am also agitated that the throttling issue is still looming with S22U. I have tried Edge(my favorite), Chrome and Samsung browser. I notice the phone doesn't register any touch whether on Desktop or Mobile mode at times and also the screen lags and wont scroll down at times.

Always good to keep a back-up. Between the two phones the gap gets narrower and narrower. The camera is definitely better on P6P for my use.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
MKBHD still having issues with the Pixel 6 Pro:

https://youtu.be/MiTG1ride7s

He still doesn't recommend the phone, 6 months after release and after a multitude of updates. It's still buggy, still has connection issues among other issues. He's gone back to the Galaxy S21 Ultra.

Can't blame him.

Last edited:

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Am in total agreement with you. I do conclude setting up as a new device is an ideal way to go instead of restoring from backup. I even install updates first and then factory reset before configuring the new phone. My P6P has no issues as of now.

That's exactly how I set my new phones up as well... no problems to date ;)

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
MKBHD still having issues with the Pixel 6 Pro:

https://youtu.be/MiTG1ride7s

He still doesn't recommend the phone, 6 months after release and after a multitude of updates. It's still buggy, still has connection issues among other issues. He's gone back to the Galaxy S21 Ultra.

Can't blame him.

‘The modem and overall cell connectivity is NOTICEABLY WORSE than other phones, resulting in excessive battery drains’.

He got away from the high speed Wifi and found what I and others on the Google tech support forums had been saying for many months.

Google stonewalled and never stepped up! A trillion dollar company that did not admit design failure, using a weak, handicapped modem and did not support their customers.

The company’s Pixel Team needs an overhaul. I have Google running my Corporate Domain and email servers. They do a good job! The Pixel Team is operating with a bunch of amateurs in design and customer support.