Nexus 4 - YouTube app issues!

SlovBoy

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

This problem has been with me for a long time and now I just can't let it go as I did before...

The Youtube app does not work on my Nexus 4. It worked for me in the beginning but now... whenever I click on a video it just closes and it says: ''Unfortunately, Youtube has to close'' or something like that...

Was there an issue with the last update or can I do something about this on my phone?

Help please!

Thank you :)

Last edited by a moderator:

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Nexus 4 - Youtube app issues!

Have you tried to clear data under the settings-apps menu?

Posted via Android Central App

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Try a restart or factory reset.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site

I've got issues as well with the YouTube app. When I open the app and find a video it buffs and buffs and buffs and buffs. I can't watch a 3 minute video without it buffing several times. But when I exit out the YouTube app and go directly to YouTube and watch that same video, it works flawlessly. So, long story short, it works for some, but others not so well. I still haven't managed to delete the useless app yet.

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
The YouTube app is absolute rubbish. It never once allow me to finish a video. Mobile site works great but the quality isn't as good. You would think that an important Google app will work perfectly on a pure Google phone. Think again.

Posted from my Nexus 4 via Android Central App

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Factory reset for an app? You must be joking. As stated, just clear app data/cache or uninstall it. I unlock/root Nexi out of the box so I'm not that familiar with stock, but I can uninstall any app. No root programs/apps or anything.

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

This problem has been with me for a long time and now I just can't let it go as I did before...

The Youtube app does not work on my Nexus 4. It worked for me in the beginning but now... whenever I click on a video it just closes and it says: ''Unfortunately, Youtube has to close'' or something like that...

Was there an issue with the last update or can I do something about this on my phone?

Help please!

Thank you :)

Clear data and cache?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Nope. Tried that many times. Including uninstalling/reinstalling updates. Always freezes, crashes, anger, crying, happy then more sadness.

Posted from my Nexus 4 via Android Central App

If you are rooted, you can try to convert that into system app using titanium backup.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa