Rocketfish Miracast Video Receiver

PeterY125

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried the Rocketfish Miracast Video Receiver from BestBuy with a Nexus 4? I just got one and I do not get video from the phone to display on the TV. Audio is being streamed to the TV but the TV display is blank. I called Rocketfish customer service and they seemed to know there was an issue. They told me there was a compatibility issue between the Nexus 4 and the Rocketfish device but if I tried to pair/unpair the devices repeatedly it might eventually work. That seems kinda of strange to me, but I tried for a while and never got it to work. Has any got this device to work with a Nexus 4?

Thanks,
Peter

S Wang

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Looks like Nexus 4 does not support HDCP. You may want to disable DHCP on your dongle. You can try to go to "Setting" and disable DHCP.
It should be a fun stuff to use. Good luck.

PeterY125

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Do you know how I get into the setting menu? I see the icon for Settings on the TV before the phone connects. But I don't know how to select it. There is no obvious input mechanism to the dongle. The quick start documentation that came with the dongle provides no info on this.

Thanks,
Peter

PeterY125

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I see now, the direction keys (up, down, left, right) and the select key on the TV remote allow me to get into the settings and turn off HDCP. That did the trick and it works now. Was not obvious to me to use the TV remote though.

S Wang

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I am gald that it works for you. I posted my additional input about using the direction keys on your TV remote. For some reason, that posting did not show up.

S Wang

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Just in case, here is what I provided to you earlier:

The ?Setting? icon is located at left bottom corner of your TV screen.

You can use the arrow key on your TV remote to select ?Setting? then press ?Enter? to get into setting page.
Use the arrow key on TV remote to select ?unlock? of HDCP then press ?Enter?.
Use the arrow key on TV remote to select ?GON? then press ?Enter? to go back to home page.

You need to re-initiate the communication from Nexus 4.

Please note: if your TV does not support CEC function, you cannot make any change on the configuration.

lsramair

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I entered the Settings menu, but there are only the Wi-Fi options and the connect mode options!

In the manual it shows the hdcp options and others, but I do not have those available on my RF miracast settings page! Their tech support had no idea and could not help.

I need to turn off HDCP to use this with a rooted S4.

Legacystar

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I entered the Settings menu, but there are only the Wi-Fi options and the connect mode options!

In the manual it shows the hdcp options and others, but I do not have those available on my RF miracast settings page! Their tech support had no idea and could not help.

I need to turn off HDCP to use this with a rooted S4.
i also get no HDCP options in setting. only wifi band select and client/server select. S4 works fine tohugh with this adapter. 5ghz seems to respond faster then 2.4ghz

phozac

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
hi.. i have bought a miracast dongle.. but now my problem is that i cannot have bluetooth and miracast on at the same time on my phone.. and i want to play on my tv with a bluetooth gamepad.. anyone got a workoround?