Switching to a Nexus 4

r1mayer

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I recently switch from Sprint to AT&T because I was always dropping calls while talking. I decided to buy a $40 prepaid go phone on AT&T to try out their network and so far it has been excellent. Not a single dropped call.
I want to order a Nexus 4 phone, but was wondering how do I switch phones?? Can I just remove the sim card from the go phone and place it in the Nexus 4? Or do I need to go into a AT&T store for them to connect me up. I want to keep my same phone number as well.
Thank you for your input. I'm definitely not tech savvy so I appreciate your feedback.
Thank you

ShaneBunting

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
In the UK, when you take out a contract phone/deal you're basically paying for the SIM. Your data/talk time cost/monthly fee is paying for your phone over time.

So you should be able to just put your SIM in the Nexus 4 and work away! As long as you don't plan on cancelling your contract!

Your phone number essentially IS your SIM Card, if I were to put my sim card in your phone, your phone would have my number.

Hope this helps! I bought an N4 two weeks ago, and I'm loving it!

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I recently switch from Sprint to AT&T because I was always dropping calls while talking. I decided to buy a $40 prepaid go phone on AT&T to try out their network and so far it has been excellent. Not a single dropped call.
I want to order a Nexus 4 phone, but was wondering how do I switch phones?? Can I just remove the sim card from the go phone and place it in the Nexus 4? Or do I need to go into a AT&T store for them to connect me up. I want to keep my same phone number as well.
Thank you for your input. I'm definitely not tech savvy so I appreciate your feedback.
Thank you

You can just switch the sim card over to your Nexus 4. Dont worry about any data loss.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

festinator

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, just put your sim card into the nexus 4 and you're good to go :) I'm getting mine next week hopefully, so I'll be doing the same thing.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
You will most likely have to trim the sim card down to the proper size. The N4 takes a micro sim card.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

r1mayer

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all of the replies. I just got off the phone with AT&T and they said my sim card is locked so they wold have to unlock it which takes just a few minutes. They also said they could set my APN on the Nexus 4. They did not mention anything about the sim card not fitting, but we will see.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer