nexus 4 data hog?

gecoffin

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a limited data plan now, Old phone was Nexus 1 and no problem
With data usage . Got a Nexus 4 and use about twice as much data. I see Google maps is using most of the data. I am going to update my data plan in few months to correct it.

T-Mobile said it was because it is a faster phone will all the latest updates

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

It may be because since its a faster phone you're using it more but just because it has the latest updates doesn't mean it should automatically slurp more data.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Find the News & Weather app (it's there, believe me), tap the menu icon and then Settings. Make sure auto refresh is disabled. By default, this app can consume a significant amount of data; turn it off unless you actually use it.

There are many other features which may be enabled by default or unintentionally. For example, check Settings -> Backup & reset -> Back up my data. Open the Google+ app and go through its settings very carefully. Likewise, open Google Now (swipe up from the home button towards the top of the screen) and check its settings.

gecoffin

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Removed the updates form Google maps and that seemed to cure the problem. Will keep a eye on it for the next few weeks

Gary

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty