Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 4: Unresponsive screen

I dropped my Nexus 4 on a stone floor yesterday and since then, apart from a cracked screen, it is completely unresponsive to touch except for a small area (image attached) in the top right corner (damaged digitiser?). I want to be able to unlock it to get texts/files etc off the phone but unfortunately it is not rooted or unlocked and USB debugging is turned off. I have managed to reset the passcode to just use the number 3, using Android Device Manager, as I can press the 3. However, I still cannot press the enter key.
    My question is, can I somehow force the screen to rotate or transform, or otherwise unlock the phone using only the top corner of the screen?

TL;DR: How can I unlock my unrooted Nexus 4 using only the top right corner of the screen?

Thanks

Nexus 4: Unresponsive screen-img_1796e.jpg

Default Re: Nexus 4: Unresponsive screen

ive been lookin around for any help with this. found nothing. have to find a good deal on the screen replacement.