¿Has the OTA 5.0 and 5.0.1 update been stopped for nexus 4?

Julio Velasco

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
I had a nexus 4 with 5.0.1. Unfortunately, it has to be replaced by google, but the new one, only gets the update till 4.4.4. Since that, the 5.0 or 5.0.1 does not pop up. I've seen this in several cases in some threads here. ¿Anyone knows if thism OTA has been stopped? I am frightened to flash it manually, as it is the 3rd device google replaces (for different reasons), and the google support team says nothing about it (i have to return the old (my current) phone in 3 days, but I dont want to lose the lollipop.)

Last edited:

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I had a nexus 4 with 5.0.1. Unfortunately, it has to be replaced by google, but the new one, only gets the update till 4.4.4. Since that, the 5.0 or 5.0.1 does not pop up. I've seen this in several cases in some threads here. ¿Anyone knows if thism OTA has been stopped? I am frightened to flash it manually, as it is the 3rd device google replaces (for different reasons), and the google support team says nothing about it (i have to return the old (my current) phone in 3 days, but I dont want to lose the lollipop.)

this method works

http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...nexus-5-ota-drops-lollipop-4.html#post4065153

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There have been a few suspensions and resumptions of 5.0 and 5.0.1 in different markets for the 4 and/or 5 (and 6, I've heard) for various bugs (SMS, battery, etc.) Whether any given version is available in your market (part of the world) for your device right now is like finding a needle in a block of steel - it's probably possible, but by the time someone figures it out, you'll be running 6.0. And even if 5.0.1 OTA for the 4 has been resumed in your market, you'd be somewhere in the queue, not necessarily at the beginning. If they resumed today, you might not get yours until next month.

You can try forcing an update (it's in Settings), but if you get an update with a bug, you'll have to live with the bug until you can find an earlier ROM and "downdate" back to it manually. If it doesn't brick the phone. You're better off waiting. (If an OTA update bricks the phone, they have to fix or replace the phone - which is why, after having to reflash an earlier ROM to a lot of phones, they suspend a release.)

drew_t

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I got an OTA notification today to go from 4.4 to 5.0.1. The update downloaded and installed without a hitch. I thought perhaps I would immediately get another notification for 5.0.2, but it hasn't happened yet. Lollipop is running very smoothly so far -- much better than it does on my Nexus 7 (2012).

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^I've just got the same, from 4.4.4 to 5.0.1. I don't think I'll download it because I have two devices running Lollipop and would like to keep KitKat on my N4. :)

Posted via the Android Central App