Why am I having such a problem viewing pictures to my Nexus 4?

JORPEDBRA

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Nexus 4 - Problem with viewing pictures

Hello.

I've had a Nexus 4 for a while and tis been pretty good to me (minimal problems).

My problem is that for the last 7 days or so when I go to the Photo Gallery and zoom in a picture it looks SO pixelated, and that didn't happened before.

I'm zooming in my DSLR photos (6000x4500), there's a few zoom-ins before it actually pixelates.

I really don't know what the problem is, the 5.1 update didn't fixed it and not even a Fabric Restore.

Any ideas?, I was supposed to change for a new phone by now but I really wouldn't want to, I like muy Nexus 4. But this problem really bugs me.

All I use smartphones for is Whatsapp, Camera, and Pictures obviously (Notes, Calendar, Alarms, Gmail).
I don't even have music so I can have more Pictures, tis my main use.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 4 - Problem with viewing pictures

Welcome to Android Central! Which app are you using--the stock Gallery app, or the Photos app (the one with the pinwheel icon)? Are you certain you're viewing the full-sized picture, and not the thumbnail? While viewing a photo, tap Menu>Details, and make sure the resolution is appropriate.

JORPEDBRA

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site

Thanks a lot, man.

Pardon me, I would have answered 10 minutes after you replied but I nor the True Gods of the North know how to reply via smartphone.

I've always used stock things (pinwheel for me), but since you mentioned it I looked for a 3rd Party App, found QuickPic, and holy shiet tis beautiful.
It is SO superior to the Stock Gallery, videos don't lag at the beginning and all pictures look even better.

My DSLR photos look so good in there.

Do you know why is the Stock Gallery not delivering?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Yes, QuickPic is an excellent app!

To be clear--the stock Gallery app I'm referring to is the older AOSP-based app, which usually has an icon that looks like a photo. The Photos app (which is associated with Google+) is the one with the pinwheel icon. My Nexus 5 only has the Photos app and not the Gallery app, but I don't know for sure if that's the case for the Nexus 4.

If you're using the Photos app, are you viewing pictures from the main "All" or "Highlights" screen? Try swiping in from the left and tap "On Device," and see if the photos look more high-resolution. "All" groups together photos on the device and those also uploaded to your Google+ Photos, so it's possible that some of the photos that were uploaded were done so at poor resolution.

JORPEDBRA

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site

Oh boy someone changed the title of my Question.

I used to have the Picture-with-Frame Gallery App, but ever since Lollipop was release it disappeared and the Pinwheel too it's place.
I do use the "On Device" option (allow me to mention that I despise what Google did with this App).

I'll look for an answer, I want the old App back

itslikeimsayin

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

Hello.

I've had a Nexus 4 for a while and tis been pretty good to me (minimal problems).

My problem is that for the last 7 days or so when I go to the Photo Gallery and zoom in a picture it looks SO pixelated, and that didn't happened before.

I've noticed the exact same phenomenon. First time I noticed it was last Friday. Sure would like a fix. (Using Photos/pinwheel app.) Viewing "on device" or not doesn't seem to matter.

JORPEDBRA

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site

Yeah man, exactly.
But lucky you, I only have the Pinwheel.

If you're into 3rd Party Apps, QuickPic was my first and I am really digging it.
I disabled the Pinwheel.

Nevertheless, I hope this is fixed