Will You Reconsider N5 if N4 Is Upgraded to LTE?

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I own the N4 and want the N5 because of better display, LTE, better processor, and better (hopefully) camera. LTE is near the top of the list. I will seriously consider riding out this cycle if the N4 can be software updated to LTE. Especially if the N5 is priced higher than $349. What do you others think?

This is the reason that I don't think there is a LTE upgrade for the N4. Google would end up competing against itself. I got to believe that a primary reason that many have for getting the N5 is LTE. Now it would be available on your N4. Then are the other improved features of the N5 sufficient to upgrade?

festinator

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I for one don't care about LTE as I have WiFi wherever I go, except when im traveling between places. Hspa is fast enough for me though. If I had LTE I'd rarely use it. Most people would probably think differently though. I'd say the primary reason for getting the nexus 5 is because its the nexus 5..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If they rerelease the Nexus 4 with LTE and price it correctly, yes I would consider it over the Nexus 5. Catch is it would have to be $100 less to get a 16 GB Nexus 4. If the Nexus 5 is $350 for 16 GB and you can get a Nexus 4 LTE 16 GB for $250 I will wait for reviews of the Nexus 5 to come out before buying. If it is $150 less for a Nexus 4 LTE, I will pretty much be getting the Nexus 4.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
The odds of them releasing a new N4 are minuscule, it wouldn't make any sense. More than likely Google will just unlock the LTE radio in current N4s.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
LTE is only one of the issue with my N4. The glass back is scratched up, the headphone jack doesn't work anymore, not enough memory. N5 here I come.

Posted from my Nexus 4 via Android Central App

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I am still happy with my n4 and LTE is pretty limited here :) anyways everywhere I go has a solid WiFi connection

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.