MetroPCS v. T-Mobile

La Bujia Rd Rd

May 18, 2014
Visit site
I am switching from Verizon with a Nexus 5 and curious as to what is the difference between these two services? They both use the T-Mobile network and use LTE, correct?

T-mobile Prepaid is $70 a month for Unlimited 4G, and MetroPCS is $60 a month for unlimited LTE, with taxes included (although TMO prepaid may also have taxes included in some states).

The only potential defference I can see is MetroPCS doesn't allow tethering but T-Mobile prepaid now does allow tethering, correct?

Am a metropcs dealer and costumer..i run 3 metropcs stores .. and to tell you the truth umm no there is no $70 planning everything is still the same we still have the $60 unlimited 4G LTE plan we are purchased by the Ono t mobile telecom to adjust time to come and basic needs to tell you the difference between companies hi beam actual is a plus for the simple reason that if you have Metro you have both companies give me the services T Mobile and MetroPCS at the same time see you at you need change into setting which signal or radio frequency new action you want to get your service from what is T Mobile or MetroPCS actually I have a galaxy s5 in always have my LTE service on your person fool I have never had any server that service never had bad signal my signal my calls my data is always up to 100 per cent piece and to be exact I have been getting on my 4G LTE with MetroPCS speed of about 30 to 40 megabytes download for a second an estimate of about 25 to 30 as a a blow for a second is a very good service I mean for the price that everybody pays for the service is the plans in the phones which Metro always has promotion I think is the best option out there series meet you could come I have compared my LTE speed 28 th to T Mobile so Verizon to sprint which has the worst service in to tell you the truth I have seen the entire thing every other companies I don't know if it's because of the Galaxy s5 with me has to do with unequal which I believe but to be real with you i think is the best option out there is the best service possible for the price the cube is lower prices of plan and I believe it's a win-win so for you I put tell you and I suggest for you to switch from rising over to MetroPCS review meeting tonight can you send out a day to keep it as an animated LTE service for $60 a month is worth it..sorry for the spelling

klikmaus

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
if it is at all possible, avoid Metro. the customer service is deplorable both at the call-in center(s) and in-store. The intelligence and competence of Metro employees is overtly apparent by the above post! The 4G LTE network is deplorable, even before I reach my data limit my connection speed NEVER exceeds .5MBPS. Not 5 MBPS, 500K! After I hit my 2.5G meg cap, my connection is throttled down to approximately 7 kbps. Metro is also notorious for canceling downloads when they are about 80% complete. Honestly, I've seen Metro PCS 3G phones run faster than my Metro 4G LTE phone IN AN ADVERTISED 4G LTE NETWORK AREA. I can literally be 100 yards from the tower and a two minute youtube video will take five minutes to play completely through with all the buffering. I wish there was regulation which ensured that customers actually received what they paid for in respect to minimum/maximum download speed.

preatis

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I know MetroPCs was offering an unlimited, no throttling, never increase in price for $10. The only had it for 2 months in competition with TMobile in 2010 I think. I have never gone over 11 Gig but still hit 8 Mbs and 2.5.

Last edited:

preatis

May 1, 2011
Visit site
That depends when you got your data plan activated at Metro. They offered quite a few months every quarter unlimited no throttling in 2010-2011. If you pay 10 a month for unlimited from metro and got or changed your service then you may have its unlimited plan w no throttle. Priceless.

preatis

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I DFW it's greT. 4g at 12mbps . I do not know about the new plans but in 2010 they offered unlimited no throttle. I have that so I will never switch.

violetstreak

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I can't even follow this reply...and you run 3 stores? Seriously -do you know how to end a sentence? Sounds like you have a lot of info- if I could only tell where one thought ends and one begins. Are you on crack?

Fulaboy

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
They are the exact same network. So many people are spreading false information here. Either they are completely clueless, or shouldn't be answering. If you go to the Google Play Store on your PC/MAC and attempt to install an app to your device, whether you are on MetroPCS or T-mobile, your phone will be displayed as a T-mobile LGE Nexus 5.

With that said, I do get unlimited data with MetroPCS and I use anywhere from 40 - 70gb a month (mainly torrent downloads). One thing I am unable to do however is tether my device. I keep being taken to the MetroPCS page that tells me to pay for a tethering plan. My phone is rooted, and I have applied needed mods. None of them work.

JohnnyBroccoli

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I've seen two Nexus 5's in the same physical location, one on T-Mobile and the other on MetroPCS, and they had totally different reception. So I would disagree with you saying that they are the exact same network. T-Mobile bought MetroPCS but I don't think they've conjoined their towers for users of both or whatever yet.

Fulaboy

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I've seen two Nexus 5's in the same physical location, one on T-Mobile and the other on MetroPCS, and they had totally different reception. So I would disagree with you saying that they are the exact same network. T-Mobile bought MetroPCS but I don't think they've conjoined their towers for users of both or whatever yet.

That doesn't even matter if they have different reception. Phones do that due to their intermittent radio technology. No two phones are created equally.

The fact is MetroPCS operates on T-mobile's network. That is fact. It is not speculation. It is even on MetroPCS' website. They operate on the same network and get roughly the same throughput in terms of bandwidth. I average about 35mbps on Metro's Tmobile service. If you are a Nexus 5 owner, you know fully well in the Google Playstore on your computer that it does not say "MetroPCS Nexus 5 device" it reads T-mobile Nexus 5

proof of me purchasing it.PNG

JohnnyBroccoli

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Seems like more than intermittent radio technology to me. T-Mobile might own all the satellites, but I think the separate companies have access to different satellites.

Fulaboy

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Seems like more than intermittent radio technology to me. T-Mobile might own all the satellites, but I think the separate companies have access to different satellites.

That is possible but highly unlikely. Especially when T-mobile and MetroPCS 4GLTE speeds are the same.

My highest ever throughput speed was something like 57 mbps download and 20 mbps upload. My parents own LG Optimus F3 devices both on MetroPCS, their bars/reception are not always the same.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fox2024