Nexus 5: Problems & Issues

sagitta13

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5: Problems & Issues (window sliding hurts my eyes)

Thanks for your reply :)
Can you elaborate a bit more which option should I decrease? if I'm not mistaken, these are the options:
a. Window animation scale
b. Transition animation scale
c. Animator duration scale

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for your reply :)
Can you elaborate a bit more which option should I decrease? if I'm not mistaken, these are the options:
a. Window animation scale
b. Transition animation scale
c. Animator duration scale

Try decreasing all of them. I hope it helps. :) I decreased mine as well.

Sent from my A0001

r3xcss

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site

Hi,

I've had my Nexus 5 for a year now and recently I have been having problems with it. Whenever I turn the screen on using a power button, the screen turns on but when I slide up to unlock the phone the screen turns off. It goes like that in a loop. I have discovered that if I hit my phone against my hand, the screen turns on and I can use the phone without problems. If I use the power button, I can't get further than the lock screen. I have already tried wiping the cache and factory reset, nothing helped. When I get the phone pass the lock screen it works fine. Does anyone know what could the problem be? Hardware or software? Because the button works, but the screen turns off immediately after sliding the lock screen.

thanks

Gehan99

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Well here's an odd one. I just noticed that in my call log, it was showing that I had spoken to people for a few seconds when I actually hadn't. After some investigation, turns out that if I dial someone and they don't pick up, the phone was recording the duration of me dialling as the duration of the call! That is, if I dial someone for 15 seconds and they don't answer, the call log shows that I had a 15second call with that person.

Anyone else noticed this? Led to some really confusing situations, let me tell you.

Posted via the Android Central App

devscats

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I have a question, anyone else noticed if the sound of video recording is always like if you are making the video inside of a plane?, I dont know if I have a little dust on the mic who is causing this bad quality on the audio of video recording.

ErnieVsk

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Hey everyone!

So I just got my replacement and i notice there are horizontal lines appearing at the top of the screen every time I slide thru the menu or whenever I watch videos. Not many lines, like 5-7 lines. They disappear though if i don't do anything. But let's say when I turn on camera and i move my phone around a little bit ,those lines appear again and once i stop they disappear. Seems like whenever there is a change in screen a view/colors those lines tends to show up. So i wonder if it's a software problem or that's probably a screen defect?

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone!

So I just got my replacement and i notice there are horizontal lines appearing at the top of the screen every time I slide thru the menu or whenever I watch videos. Not many lines, like 5-7 lines. They disappear though if i don't do anything. But let's say when I turn on camera and i move my phone around a little bit ,those lines appear again and once i stop they disappear. Seems like whenever there is a change in screen a view/colors those lines tends to show up. So i wonder if it's a software problem or that's probably a screen defect?

Can you post a screenshot?

anon(9342437)

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

My Notification swipe down works only intermittently and two finger swipe down does not bring up the quick settings. I'm running Android 5.0.1 build LRX22C.

ErnieVsk

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
IMG_1392.jpg That's when I slide thru the menu and IMG_1395.jpg that's when i shake camera, same lines appear watching a video whenever the scene on screen changes.

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
That's when I slide thru the menu and that's when i shake camera, same lines appear watching a video whenever the scene on screen changes.

That to me seem like a hardware issue. If you did not buy used, could it still be under warranty from where you got it. It is worth a try even if the warranty is out they may replace it or fix it for a small fee.

ErnieVsk

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
That to me seem like a hardware issue. If you did not buy used, could it still be under warranty from where you got it. It is worth a try even if the warranty is out they may replace it or fix it for a small fee.

Ye i got my replacement 2 days ago, and i still have 120 days warranty for it, so i think i might give a call and try to replace that one too.

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

Hi,

I've had my Nexus 5 for a year now and recently I have been having problems with it. Whenever I turn the screen on using a power button, the screen turns on but when I slide up to unlock the phone the screen turns off. It goes like that in a loop. I have discovered that if I hit my phone against my hand, the screen turns on and I can use the phone without problems. If I use the power button, I can't get further than the lock screen. I have already tried wiping the cache and factory reset, nothing helped. When I get the phone pass the lock screen it works fine. Does anyone know what could the problem be? Hardware or software? Because the button works, but the screen turns off immediately after sliding the lock screen.

thanks

The fact that you can make it work when you hit it against your hand, makes it seem like a bad connection, which make it a hardware issue not a software issue. I would take it to where you got it a see what they will do for you.

Jake Reid

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Sorry if it has been raised before. I recently factory reset my N5 and every now and again it starts playing random music (which I presume is the default ringtone/alarm) Even though nobody is ringing me and there are no alarms.

Just me? :p

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if it has been raised before. I recently factory reset my N5 and every now and again it starts playing random music (which I presume is the default ringtone/alarm) Even though nobody is ringing me and there are no alarms.

Just me? :p

I know that you did a factory reset, however, you may want to try a cache partition wipe, wiping the partition will not cause data loss. When your system reinitialized just one bit/byte could have gotten written incorrectly. Clearing the cache would reinitialized settings. If that does not solve it you could change tone of alarms, to try to determine if it is a alarm or ringtone issue.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a technical problem. I can't get my Mac command terminal to recognize my N5. Tried adb devices, ./adb devices, etc. Even tried a new data cord, with no luck. Anyone have a clue what's wrong? Thanks.:confused:

santista

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I've never rooted or done anything w/ the OS on my phone, so I have several questions....
1. After updating my N 5 from lollipop 5.0 to lollipop's latest, 5.1, I started getting the attached error every 5-10seconds. Any ideas what could have caused it? I tried closing all apps I had open, clearing the cache in all of my apps (including the playstore), and shutting the phone completely off and turning it back on, nothing changed. 2015-03-18.jpg
2. My next step was to run the phone in recovery mode, so I shut the phone off and did the power+volume down button, selected recovery mode and then power button again. Much to my surprise, my phone simply showed the poor bot on it's back with the red exclamation triangle and "No command." Any clues as to what might have happened?
(the only solution I found was to factory re-set the phone and just deal w/ doing the re-setting of the apps, no big deal but a pita).
any insight is greatly appreciated.

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
2. My next step was to run the phone in recovery mode, so I shut the phone off and did the power+volume down button, selected recovery mode and then power button again. Much to my surprise, my phone simply showed the poor bot on it's back with the red exclamation triangle and "No command." Any clues as to what might have happened?

At this point you needed to Power+VolumeUp monetarily then you should get the menu of commands.

Behzad Azari

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
nexus 5 problems:
1.PLAY STORE; before update to lollipop and now after update "play store" is almost useless, "BACK GROUND DATA DISABLED", dont say do this and that in your setting/celluar... it is not working. sometime restart helps back to work for one or two installs and mostly just drives me crazy
2.VIBER CONTACTS: after update to stupid lollipop, cannot ad new contact to viber neither it synchs contacts
3.GALLERY: God, this gallery thing is gone! so stupid
4. PEOPLE: there was this people thing like CONTACTS in any other normal phone or pc app, anyway after lollipop that is gone too
5.APP ICONS: lots of them disappeared from screen
after all my phone is painful piece of junk, i miss iphone so much

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer