Light bleed

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Does your N5 suffer from light bleed? I notice some minor light bleed, or perhaps I'm being OCD.

Posted via Android Central App

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Does your N5 suffer from light bleed? I notice some minor light bleed, or perhaps I'm being OCD.

I have just the slightest bit in the top left corner and it's only cause I was looking for it when I first got the phone. Since it has zero affect on regular use and can only be seen when really looking for it I decided to just let it go vs the hassle of returning and such.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I think this panel naturally gives off a little glow around the edges, but only when the phone is tilted at an extreme angle.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
LCD will more or less have that, it really depends on the severity of the problem. If its mostly non-observable, sending it back may not do much good.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I just got mine activated on Monday and noticed some when making a call last night in my dimly lit living room. It's right where the volume buttons are and then a little bit in the top left corner. I was wondering if this is normal or if I should attempt an RMA with Google? Other than that, this is an awesome phone!

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I just got mine activated on Monday and noticed some when making a call last night in my dimly lit living room. It's right where the volume buttons are and then a little bit in the top left corner. I was wondering if this is normal or if I should attempt an RMA with Google? Other than that, this is an awesome phone!
I am not seeing it except when I tilt the display at an angle...even then it is even along the entire side. I'm not seeing it by the buttons only.

highercal

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Holy hell! I thought I was the only one that noticed it! I have some on my upper left side corner on my screen. I only see it when the screen is completely black aka only on start up screen. Lol

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I am not seeing it except when I tilt the display at an angle...even then it is even along the entire side. I'm not seeing it by the buttons only.

Holy hell! I thought I was the only one that noticed it! I have some on my upper left side corner on my screen. I only see it when the screen is completely black aka only on start up screen. Lol

Well I noticed it on the call screen without having to look at it at an angle. It's definitely noticeable right next to the volume buttons and in the upper left hand corner. I think I'll probably call Google tomorrow and see what they say.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Light bleed is extremely bothersome to me. I had a Palm Pre some years ago and it had horrible light bleed. I had it replaced numerous times and each one had the issue.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
They're sending me a replacement, so we'll see if it looks any better. I really like this phone other than that.

Just got my replacement and there is definitely no light bleed where there was on the first one. So I'd say if anyone else has this issue, try to get a replacement. Mine seems to be in fine working condition so far and I'm happy that there's no light bleed.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Unless I tilt it, I see no light bleed.

The first one I had required no tilting to see the light bleed. This replacement one is only noticeable when you tilt it. I don't consider tilting as light bleed. But when I'm looking dead on, especially in a phone call, I can see light bleed next to the volume buttons and in the corner. It isn't hard to notice. I saw it, without looking for it, in our living room the first time I made a phone call. I don't see it at all on the new one, even when I look really hard for it.