Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Light bleed

Does your N5 suffer from light bleed? I notice some minor light bleed, or perhaps I'm being OCD.

Posted via Android Central App
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Default Re: Light bleed

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
    Does your N5 suffer from light bleed? I notice some minor light bleed, or perhaps I'm being OCD.
    I am not seeing it. Maybe we have different definitions of light bleed?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    I am not seeing it. Maybe we have different definitions of light bleed?
    My definition is that if you can see ANY light emanating from the sides AT ALL, it's light bleed.

I have just the slightest bit in the top left corner and it's only cause I was looking for it when I first got the phone. Since it has zero affect on regular use and can only be seen when really looking for it I decided to just let it go vs the hassle of returning and such.

Sent from my Nexus 5
    Nexus 5-Black
    Rooted 4.4.2
    TWRP

Global Posts
    3,641 Global Posts
    ROM
    unNamed v2.2.1

Light Bleed is so 2010 .. LOL, seriously that would bother the crap out of me.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM

My definition is that if you can see ANY light emanating from the sides AT ALL, it's light bleed.

I can see a minor amount, but only from an angle. From the front I don't see any bleed at all.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

If Google will repair if for free, should I take it to their HQ?

I think this panel naturally gives off a little glow around the edges, but only when the phone is tilted at an extreme angle.

LCD will more or less have that, it really depends on the severity of the problem. If its mostly non-observable, sending it back may not do much good.

I notice it mainly when looking at certain angles but looking at it normally, I don't notice it at all.

I just got mine activated on Monday and noticed some when making a call last night in my dimly lit living room. It's right where the volume buttons are and then a little bit in the top left corner. I was wondering if this is normal or if I should attempt an RMA with Google? Other than that, this is an awesome phone!
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Wildo6882 View Post
    I just got mine activated on Monday and noticed some when making a call last night in my dimly lit living room. It's right where the volume buttons are and then a little bit in the top left corner. I was wondering if this is normal or if I should attempt an RMA with Google? Other than that, this is an awesome phone!
    I am not seeing it except when I tilt the display at an angle...even then it is even along the entire side. I'm not seeing it by the buttons only.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Holy hell! I thought I was the only one that noticed it! I have some on my upper left side corner on my screen. I only see it when the screen is completely black aka only on start up screen. Lol

I am not seeing it except when I tilt the display at an angle...even then it is even along the entire side. I'm not seeing it by the buttons only.
    Quote Originally Posted by highercal View Post
    Holy hell! I thought I was the only one that noticed it! I have some on my upper left side corner on my screen. I only see it when the screen is completely black aka only on start up screen. Lol

Well I noticed it on the call screen without having to look at it at an angle. It's definitely noticeable right next to the volume buttons and in the upper left hand corner. I think I'll probably call Google tomorrow and see what they say.

Light bleed is extremely bothersome to me. I had a Palm Pre some years ago and it had horrible light bleed. I had it replaced numerous times and each one had the issue.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

They're sending me a replacement, so we'll see if it looks any better. I really like this phone other than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildo6882 View Post
    They're sending me a replacement, so we'll see if it looks any better. I really like this phone other than that.
    Just got my replacement and there is definitely no light bleed where there was on the first one. So I'd say if anyone else has this issue, try to get a replacement. Mine seems to be in fine working condition so far and I'm happy that there's no light bleed.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM

Unless I tilt it, I see no light bleed.

Unless I tilt it, I see no light bleed.
    The first one I had required no tilting to see the light bleed. This replacement one is only noticeable when you tilt it. I don't consider tilting as light bleed. But when I'm looking dead on, especially in a phone call, I can see light bleed next to the volume buttons and in the corner. It isn't hard to notice. I saw it, without looking for it, in our living room the first time I made a phone call. I don't see it at all on the new one, even when I look really hard for it.