Can't save MMS pictures in google 5 nexus

Chloe Foxx

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi-

Hoping someone can help me figure this out... I just got the new google 5 nexus and my friend sent me a bunch of photos via MMS (SMS text), I click on them and am able to pull them up full screen, but I'm not able to save them. There is no menu option for it.. is anyone else having this issue and found a way to work around it??

Pls let me know! thanks!!

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi-

Hoping someone can help me figure this out... I just got the new google 5 nexus and my friend sent me a bunch of photos via MMS (SMS text), I click on them and am able to pull them up full screen, but I'm not able to save them. There is no menu option for it.. is anyone else having this issue and found a way to work around it??

Screenshot_2013-11-27-01-01-20.jpg

Tap the image/tap the screen so you can see your notification bar again with the time and everything, and a three-dot overflow menu should appear in the top-right-hand corner, like this:

Screenshot_2013-11-27-01-01-27.jpg

Then just hit "save".

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why Save has been moved to that menu instead of keeping it in the Message options menu. What is the advantage of this change? From what I can tell by postings the new Save method is just confusing people.

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
While only semi-related to the OP, one thing I will add is that the 3rd party SMS app Textra, makes this process incredibly easy. The app is pretty lightweight, clean and easy to use to begin with, but what I really liked was the option I found in settings that would automatically save any picture received in an SMS to the device. My wife sends me pictures once or twice a day (sometimes more) of our baby and every so often I'd go back and save them. Now they just appear in a folder within the gallery. Completely unrelated, on my S3 it fixed group messaging as well so that wsa nice. Once the Sprint SIM comes in the mail, I'll pop it on my N5

QWIKSTRIKE

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
While only semi-related to the OP, one thing I will add is that the 3rd party SMS app Textra, makes this process incredibly easy. The app is pretty lightweight, clean and easy to use to begin with, but what I really liked was the option I found in settings that would automatically save any picture received in an SMS to the device. My wife sends me pictures once or twice a day (sometimes more) of our baby and every so often I'd go back and save them. Now they just appear in a folder within the gallery. Completely unrelated, on my S3 it fixed group messaging as well so that wsa nice. Once the Sprint SIM comes in the mail, I'll pop it on my N5

I just made a post about this in another thread. Textra is an excellent text app to use...the auto picture saving to gallery when checked is excellent for what ou want to do.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19