Speaker IS better now!

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Anyone with 4.4.2 could you do a test and cover the speaker with your finger, and see if you could hear the sound from the mic? I dont know if that dude is trolling but I never heard about sound coming out of both speakers (music) and I dont think theres any option to enable sound coming out of the earpiece.

I'm trying it and not sure. There is sound coming from it but it's not as loud as through the speaker and it may be the speaker sound just also happening to come through the earpiece. Sounds good though. :D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Teejai80

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I just tried it, while sound does come out of the earpiece I believe it is just reverberation from the speaker. It is probably enhanced when you completely block the speaker grill.

Posted via Android Central App

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
There isn't a lot of bass output but it sounds equivalent to a similar sized transistor radio, except without static.

EviI

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I just tried it, while sound does come out of the earpiece I believe it is just reverberation from the speaker. It is probably enhanced when you completely block the speaker grill.

Posted via Android Central App

That's probably what people are talking about...

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
That's probably what people are talking about...

Yes, and the mid tones are richer through the earpiece. I'm listening to Season of the Witch and the treble tones are kind of painfully intense through the speaker but it all sounds better, richer, and mixed, through the earpiece.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Anyone with 4.4.2 could you do a test and cover the speaker with your finger, and see if you could hear the sound from the mic? I dont know if that dude is trolling but I never heard about sound coming out of both speakers (music) and I dont think theres any option to enable sound coming out of the earpiece.

Not the mic (the grill on bottom right). I am talking about the earpiece - top center -the part you hold to your ear when using the phone in normal mode.

No, I am not a troll.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
But if you hold the top up to your ear, you can hear the music and the bass sounds better.