- 300 Posts
Turbo charging your (already fast) N5
I realize there's plenty of savvy users on here, so many of you likely have already come across this. But I just did myself, so I thought I'd share just in case others have missed it too.
Enabling "developer mode" by tapping on your phone's build number 7x gives you access to a new section in settings, "dev. options". Once you open this screen, you can scroll down to two settings, one called "transition animation scale" and the other "window animation scale". They both have default settings that can be changed. By setting each one to "off" the phone really feels faster as you swipe to/open new pages or apps. As in, stuff seems to happen *instantaneously*. Not a big deal as the phone is already quite snappy but kind of neat that it's there.
Moto X/Nexus 51+1/Nexus 5
- 01-26-2014, 03:13 PM #2
- 01-26-2014, 04:02 PM #3
- 21 Posts
Re: Turbo charging your (already fast) N5
I heard that dropping it to .5x makes it seem faster, but instantaneous gives it an awkward feeling like things happen out of nowhere and it's a little disorienting without animations.
I think .5 is the best of both worlds: speed and animations.
- 01-26-2014, 05:14 PM #4
- By Hawkhe in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 6Last Post: 07-28-2014, 01:25 PM
- By cadcoke5 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 6Last Post: 02-15-2014, 05:59 AM
- By chickenteeth in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3Replies: 2Last Post: 01-26-2014, 01:23 PM
- By GBpfan95 in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 2Last Post: 01-25-2014, 05:42 PM
- By gd761 in forum HTC One MaxReplies: 0Last Post: 01-24-2014, 09:57 PM