Ringtone set to None won't stay selected

Gshaw31

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey, just got a Nexus 5 last week really like it. But I want to set a few contacts ringer to "None". Problem is when I select none and recheck it is back to "default". Is is this normal? How do you select none as ringtone? Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks
Garrett

Bront

May 21, 2012
Visit site
So you have any apps that set your ring tones? I've got one that lets me set group ringtones, so you can add all those "none" folks into a group and do it all at once, but if you have another app that's setting your tones, it might be overwriting the other folks.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey, just got a Nexus 5 last week really like it. But I want to set a few contacts ringer to "None". Problem is when I select none and recheck it is back to "default". Is is this normal? How do you select none as ringtone? Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks
Garrett

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I suspect choosing "none" on an individual contact over-rides the default with ... well... nothing. Following that logic, setting the default to "none" and then specific contacts to an actual ringtone might accomplish what you are trying to do.... however tedious that sounds.

Gshaw31

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Sounds logical, but god I hope your wrong! Maybe I'll try some software. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

what is the name of the software you are using?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress