Dead pixel ?

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I bought the nexus 5 in red a week ago and noticed now I have a dead pixel on top right above signal strength shows and while is mildly annoying now since I know it's there is it worth going through the exchange process to get a new one ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

palandri

Apr 30, 2009
Visit site
errr Red or blue cant decide but it is pretty small

That's not a dead pixel. That's a stuck pixel. A dead pixel is black, any other color is a stuck pixel.

With a stuck pixel, you can try tapping on it with a pencil eraser and there are a couple of YouTube "stuck pixel" videos you can run to get it unstuck. .

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
That's not a dead pixel. That's a stuck pixel. A dead pixel is black, any other color is a stuck pixel.

With a stuck pixel, you can try tapping on it with a pencil eraser and there are a couple of YouTube "stuck pixel" videos you can run to get it unstuck. .

Ah never knew that... Never bothered to look into it since this is the first time I have gotten it since I started owning a smartphone in the last 4 years starting with the IPhone 3GS ... I have gone through te iPhone 3GS, 4, Galaxy s2 skyrocket ,s3,s4 and this is the first phone with something like it

ianhanson85

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I had a dead pixel on my nexus 5. It was on the top right in the middle of the Google now bar. I called Google and they tried to trouble shoot it by doing a factory reset. I love my nexus 5 and couldn't live with the dead pixel. So I did end up exchanging it. So far I haven't had any further issues.

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Same happened to me. I told Google and they sent me a new device while I continued to use my first one. I was able to send my defective device after I got the replacement device. Well worth it.

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Stuck pixels can also sometimes be fixed with apps that expose the entire screen to different solid colors.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty